Battery Tender

TFStang

Established Member
Anyone using the
Ford Performance:
M-10300-FP battery tender for their 2020 - 2022 GT500? Seems like a nice unit to keep the battery charged while in hibernation. I just picked up a 2022 HE CFTP GT500 and will need to keep it on a tender until Spring.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Im now buying CTEK's (have 3-4 of them so far), switched from Deltrans (still using the old ones we have). Initial reason for change was lithium battery, but then kept getting them.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Just ordered 4 more. 3 MSX 5.0, and one Multi US 7002 (got this to see if it lives up to is claim to bring back "some" dead and damaged batteries). Amazon was a lot cheaper than Ctek's website.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
$100+ for a battery tender?
I've been using my $40 HF tender for a few years now and it's held up great. It's wired up directly to my battery. I just plug it in when I park the car.
Plus there's always a coupon for 20% off

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I have two different model Noco battery tenders. I use them on my old 67 mustang up to the newer 2019 GT 350. Having 6 mustangs in storage I just periodically switch them from one car to another

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
I just periodically switch them from one car to another
I do this as well, and any car that does not have to pass an OBDII state emissions inspection (exempt after 15 years), I disconnect the battery. The ones that do have an emissions test, I leave them connected so the EVAP is "ready", with out having to bother with a "drive cycle"

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I do this as well, and any car that does not have to pass an OBDII state emissions inspection (exempt after 15 years), I disconnect the battery. The ones that do have an emissions test, I leave them connected so the EVAP is "ready", with out having to bother with a "drive cycle"
All the negative cables are disconnected on mine except the 03 cobra and GT 350. For some reason I'm uneasy leaving them hooked up 24/7 on older cars.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

TFStang

Established Member
Almost nice enough to drive today. Too bad there is a ton of salt on the roads. Guess I’ll leave it in hibernation.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I never like leaving a battery tender connected. I hook it up and charge it and then disconnect. Repeat every month or so during the winter. Had a tender boil a battery and came damn close to a fire.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I've been using a Deltran Battery Tender, a Dewalt trickle charger, a Schumacher 6v/12v Maintainer simultaneously and all have worked just fine. I wanted to try the Optima 400 unit just in case any batteries I have go so low that they come across as dead and no longer able to be charged (by other units) as well as for simple tech curiosity so I have one of those coming after Christmas. I ordered another Deltran unit for the Honda generator I just purchased as well. I see they changed SKU's around and that some retail outlets are going for the throat at and above $100 for it. I found an Amazon dealer that had some in the mid fifty dollar range and it just showed up. Very happy with their quality.

20221220_151859.jpg

20221220_151949.jpg

TFStang

Established Member
I have used quite a few Deltran Battery Tender units and they have been hit or miss for me. A few worked great and a few ……not so much. That’s one of the reasons I’m trying out a bunch of new units.

Users who are viewing this thread