Battery options?

Badlilstang

Established Member
I'm not finding many options for better or bigger batteries for my 2014 GT. My factory battery is starting to get slow to start if it sits for a couple days.. really slow. I cleared away some corrosion that keeps returning even with terminal spray being applied. The only battery I found so far that looks decent is the Odyssey 1200MJT but it's not really any larger. It looks like there is room in the battery tray for a little more battery width. What other options are there?

Badlilstang

Established Member
Yeah, I am leaning that way but the Odyssey has less CCA than the stock battery .. 540CCA vs the stock 590CCA.. Not sure if it really matters. I had hoped to step up the battery size some to help with the extra stereo gear.

4 Wheel parts has the Odyssey in stock if I end up going that route!

Last edited:

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
I use odyssey in my mustang and truck, but the cca is too low for use in the bike. Odyssey works awesome in the car and truck. Look for different model that may have a higher CCA?

Badlilstang

Established Member
I use odyssey in my mustang and truck, but the cca is too low for use in the bike. Odyssey works awesome in the car and truck. Look for different model that may have a higher CCA?

Didn't see one that claims to fit but you know how it goes.. it's going to be me making something work lol

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Yeah, I am leaning that way but the Odyssey has less CCA than the stock battery .. 540CCA vs the stock 590CCA.. Not sure if it really matters. I had hoped to step up the battery size some to help with the extra stereo gear.

4 Wheel parts has the Odyssey in stock if I end up going that route!

That's where I bought mine.

Users who are viewing this thread