Battery drain? Car won't start!

6speed

Established Member
my battery charger has been on for now a full week and wont fully charge. I think the previous owner said he had recently replaced the battery & definitely he said the alternator. so... my question is where do I start? pull fuses to see if theres a drain? replace the battery awhile anyways?

START 'N CHARGE

alternator/starter guy
Established Member
my battery charger has been on for now a full week and wont fully charge. I think the previous owner said he had recently replaced the battery & definitely he said the alternator. so... my question is where do I start? pull fuses to see if theres a drain? replace the battery awhile anyways?

Are you charging it unhooked?If so it's probably bad.A useable battery should charge overnight on a trickle charger,not a tender though.Get the battery tested first,then do a charging system check.If both those come out good,next step is testing for a drain.

X3FBrian

Established Member
I let mine sit for 24 hours without the tender yesterday and it went from 12.7 volts to 12.67 volts. A ok with me!

I just fired the car up and turned on everything I could think of, radio, a/c, used the windows, anything electronic and then I shut it down, locked the doors and will see if yesterday was a fluke or if changing my headunit did anything at all.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread