Battery Discharge Idiot Light is on again?

NAVIG8ER

Established Member
I just replaced my battery with a brand new Interstate, replaced my alternator with a new Start-N-Charge from Jamie and the light is coming on at the higher rpm range?

52 miles on the battery and alternator...50,000 on the car...

Anyone help me troubleshoot this thing?

JC

Mystic03

Established Member
Could be the alt. Ive bought a new 160amp "high performance" but diodes were bad thus why ill never buy from eagle electronic on ebay.

speeddemon2000

Established Member
What is your voltage at? Typically when the battery light comes on the voltage is really low. Your alternator is probably having issues again IMO.

03CobraJack

Established Member
I'm having the same problem, both SnC alternator and optima yellow top battery have < 100 miles.

At first I was seeing the battery light come on when going over 4000 rpm. I changed over to the upgraded wiring that was included and drove around all day, thought it was fixed...turned it on this morning and batt. light is on again.:shrug: Have you tried to contact Jamie @ SnC?

sonic cobra

Established Member
I had an issue with newly installed 170A Billet-tech. Battery light came on but aeroforce guage was still showing 14.0 volts. Found a loose wire in the little plastic plug to the alt that controls the battery light in the dash. Taped it up tight and no more battery light

gnatsumarboc03

Established Member
Battery light flickering under load is usually ALWAYS alternator related... Flickering is the alternator going out....If you get a solid battery light that means your alternator is not charging at all. I've been through about 6, and that is always the first systom....So far so good with my Mechman alternator.

Users who are viewing this thread