batman died :(

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
First saw a video about him a few months ago I believe. It was a very touching video. He never wanted notoriety. Only wanted to help kids. Over and above the cost of the car and Batman suit, he spent $25K every year on gifts for kids. Quite a guy and quite a role model. I was very sad to read the news this morning that he was killed.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Rip. Sounds like he was at least in part of the road, so I assume it was just a tragic accident. Terrible news

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
very sad indeed. I have handled several claims like this over the years where people break down on the side of the road and attempt to repair/check out and are struck by other vehicles. If any of you guys get a flat tire or break down, get the hell off the road before repairing or checking out. It is not worth getting killed over. I hate to see stuff like this especially when the guy is such a giving/caring person. It sounds like this screwed up world lost a good one.

Snake Plissken

Established Member
Yes, sad. Anybody that dedicates time & money to help sick kids get their mind off their problems is A #1 in my book. :thumbsup:

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
Better to have gone out giving so many kids so much fun, than to horde his money and die a bitter old man. Just goes to show that Toyota drivers are evil and should all burn in hell.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
I've known Lenny for the last 2 years and worked for him briefly at his appliance repair shop. He was an interesting guy to say the least.

projectslideway

Established Member
Horrible to hear, local news conflicted a bit with the article. Only the crappy town of Hagerstown could take down Batman, I swear that town is a place that God forgot about.

Also, he was driving a custom kit car or heavily modified car that resembled the original batmobile... not the Lambo, which may explain the car problems.

Last edited:

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
Horrible to hear, local news conflicted a bit with the article. Only the crappy town of Hagerstown could take down Batman, I swear that town is a place that God forgot about.

Also, he was driving a custom kit car or heavily modified car that resembled the original batmobile... not the Lambo, which may explain the car problems.

There has been a lot of misinformation about the accident in the news. He was driving his bat mobile which was a custom built car resembling the 1960's version. He had a lambo as well that was decked out with custom batman logo interior but he wasn't driving it. The car is 100% custom though, not a kit car or anything like that. It was powered by a SBC is what Lenny told me one day when we were talking cars. I never personally saw it in person though, he always drove his Range Rover into work.

The shop manager also my best friend since childhood and son of the former owner of the shop who knew Lenny very well and had been to his house and seen the bat mobile said the car had some problems although I don't recall what they were.

It's a tragic event all the way around but I don't think anybody is holding the other driver responsible. Lenny broke down still partially in the fast lane and from what I've seen of the car it was poorly lit and he was also wearing his batman suit which is all black and disappears in the night. A reasonable person would expect the lanes to be clear for travel and if not proper emergency lights to indicate otherwise. The car wasn't even legally tagged, titled, and registered.

He is being properly remembered. He has three sons and it would be pretty cool if one of them continued the batman thing for the kids but after an event like this I don't know if thats possible for them.

Users who are viewing this thread