bassani x question please

graveyard

Established Member
Hey guys to make a long story short i bought a used basani SS full exhaust form a fellow in texas,he has tryed to s_ _ t on me during this buy.well i got the cat back in and it looks good no problem,well i got the X pipe with cats in and first of all the exhaust was cut in order to ship which i told him do what ever it took to get my exhaust to me which i payed for in early nov,well i look down the cats and they have nothing in them i dont think they are suppost to be this way are they?Took a flashlight and can see straight through them,i guess i got burned unless bassani builds them like this i dont know but i dont think so.
I was wondering i have been thinking about not using the cat's but using the x pipe ( i am not for sure if it is even a bassani the tag is missing i am goin to try to get pictures up so you guys can look at it) with my factory cats.Can i do that and or get a H pipe and do the same,i dont want to buy a new bassani x with cats after i have lost money on this deal.I was wondering if you can bolt the x pipe or H Pipe to the factory cats or exhaust or what ever and i was wondering if it would still sound ok and i also have the choice of using the cat back with the factory H,i know they are different people like different sounds but i dont want one real loud but i dont want it to sound like a WIMP cobra either.just wondering what the sound would be like?Any and all info would help,besides i think the bolts on the manifolds would be a job to get off without breaking or stripping them.
Tell me what you guys think would sound OK with what i have to now,bassani cat back,bassani x ( I HOPE ).:beer:

Last edited:

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Ehh, I wouldn't run the stock H with the bassani...
I would contact the seller to see what is up regarding the cats not being up to par. They should be honeycombed material in there...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You can do whatever you'd like to do as far as mixing a stock/aftermarket midpipe and catback. It's been done before. First find out what sound you'd like best and save for those parts. Also consider the MRT catted H-pipe if you like the sound of the H over the X. They are definitely different.

beeradd

Established Member
I am running my stock h right now with borla stingers. Sounds real smooth at idle, no drone. At WOT it screams... I feel your pain, I bought a used bassani catted x a few months back. When I got it home I realized it did not have the downtubes from the manifolds to the cats. :cryying: check out youtube and I bet you will find a video with your exact setup on there.

Alb Cobra

Established Member
I happen to have the pipes that attach the x to the stock manifold. Exact opposite happened to me the person I bought the headers did not send me the midlength pipes. If you need them shoot me a pm.

Users who are viewing this thread