Bassani x pipe with flo tubes

sonic cobra

Established Member
I have Bassani x pipe installed with flo tubes about two years ago. I now need to change out the flo tubes for the cats to pass NJ inspection. How hard is it to change them? Do I need to drop the x pipe or just unclamp and slide the tubes out?

03' White Snake

Established Member
It all depends. If they are rusted, it will be a pita to change. If they used never seize on the connections like I do it might not be bad.

Unbolt x pipe from mufflers. Unclip the rear o2's. Loosen the band clamps from the flow tubes onto the upper pipes that connect to the manifolds. You should now be able to wiggle the x pipe up and down/side to side. Hopefully it will come off the upper pipes. I've used a rubber mallet and hit the center of the x toward the rear of the car.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
I'd try and take the center section out first if it will slide out, but i have mid lengths.. Dont know your setup.

03' White Snake

Established Member
I have mid lengths too. Same directions apply. Leave it attached to the manifolds/headers and separate below the car.

I like to leave the cats or flow tubes onto the x pipe as it gives more leverage wrestling it off the upper pipes.

sonic cobra

Established Member
Took about an hour but managed to get everything changed over. Used lots of anti sieze this time so should be easier to do the next time.
Now fingers crossed, I can pass inspection tomorrow.
Thanks all for the help

Users who are viewing this thread