Bassani o/r x or magnaflow x?

finaliize

Established Member
bought my 2nd termi yesterday and has the stock h with magnaflow catback. torn between a bassani or magnaflow offroad x. suggestions?:banana:

1hot281

Established Member
Magnaflow. I'd even take a Mac Prochamber over the Bassani/BBK "clamshell" style x-pipes.

agwazz

Established Member
Had the same setup with o/r magnaflow x and chambered catback. It was a little to loud and raspy for my taste (getting old). I had some cats welded in and it sounds much better in my opinion. Toned it down a bit and really cleaned up the sound.

finaliize

Established Member
Had the same setup with o/r magnaflow x and chambered catback. It was a little to loud and raspy for my taste (getting old). I had some cats welded in and it sounds much better in my opinion. Toned it down a bit and really cleaned up the sound.

after doing some looking around im pretty interested in the mac prochamber

my last cobra had bassani o/r x and stingers and it was too much

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
after doing some looking around im pretty interested in the mac prochamber

my last cobra had bassani o/r x and stingers and it was too much

+1 for the pro-chamber. I was able to check out a Terminator recently that had a pro-chamber and it was very mellow until he got into it and even then had a decent non-raspy sound. It didn't sound as good as a car with long tubes, but it definitely didn't have that raspy sound that seems to always come with an offroad X. I like the way my car sounds currently but if I switch it will either be pro-chamber or off road H.

I don't know OP...every video I've seen so far on CBs adjoined with a Magnaflow, just sounds subpar or like junk.

I currently run a Bassani O/R X with my Borla Stingers. Fantastic sound.

I've run the Bassani O/R X with Bassani SS CN too. Nice sound but doesn't compare to the Stingers setup.

I'm about to put the Mac 3" on with my Bassani O/R.

I expose my car to all the elements, year round in NJ, and I'm amazed at how their BX version of their midpipe, shines and still looks great even after a hard winter.

Btw, in the event you haven't settled it yet...I would just save some bucks and go with the UPR O/R X and Mac 3".

This is where I'm going. Its the best sound you'll ever get out of these Termies.

2003 Cobra UPR X/MAC 3" Exhaust - YouTube

The video actually comes courtesy of a member on here named Ravi.

A Termie homie that lives 2 blocks away from me has this setup, with the only exception being Kooks LTs, and let me tell you...LOL...this is like the greatest exhaust note you can ever have. Dude used to wake me up at 2am almost every day and the sound is unbeatable.

Btw, I'd ait for Lethal to run their 10% off sale just before the summer. I forget what the holiday is and they drop 10% and free shipping. Save a bundle.

ctgreddy

Established Member
question here, why spend way more money on these over a upr x or similar? my upr x was 160 and fits/seals great. I've never heard any sound difference between the different x's when comparing all non catted versions.

GSPsnFORDs

Established Member
When I bought mine in '08 it had stock mid-pipe and Magnaflow catback. I remember looking at vids over and over, trying to decide. One of my favorite combos I saw was the UPR X and the Magnaflow CB....it sounded GREAT but I think my concern at the time was the gas smell with an OR-X. I honestly wish I would have tried it before I went to Bassani and Borla...but I love this setup too...it's personal choice.

Users who are viewing this thread