Bassani Mid length headers or K member?!

cnnrlck

Established Member
One of the final parts of my build, I can't do both right now...which would you guys choose? I know with the K member you have to also do CC plates, anyway help would be appreciated!

rudycobra

Established Member
I'd save untill u can do both . But if do one at a time then deff k member first . For headers u will need to drop the kmember anyway . I did K first but still had to remove it because my bassani headers hit my Racecraft k member . I had to notch and reweld k member . I'd deff suggest trying to do both at same time

Rudy

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Why did you choose Bassani mid-length headers? Long tubes work better and net you more power. I know Bassani are easier to install and bolt directly to the Bassani X-pipe.

rudycobra

Established Member
Not sure y he did but I chose them because of ground clearance issues allready an the fact if ever have to pull tranny again would not have to pull header

Rudy

cnnrlck

Established Member
California smog laws...i dont want to get a ticket for long tubes...otherwise i would have gone long tubes. These headers also bolt right to my bassani x pipe

black 10th vert

Established Member
I also chose the Bassani headers for the reasons above - better clearance for lowered car, direct fit to my existing 5 piece x-pipe, can stay in place for future clutch/trans work, and have the provision to keep the EGR setup for states that have testing (like mine). From what I have read, they flow just about as well as any of the true longtubes until you get to the ridiculous sized ones that most of us wouldn't need anyway. I will gladly give up 1-2 hp (if even that much) for all the other headaches these will save me.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's interesting about the minimal HP gain. I always that there was a bigger gain with LTs.

coposrv

Established Member
The room created by going to a tube k is worth the slight headaches it causes IMO. Mid lengths or long tubes probably not a difference that will be felt anywhere in a street car other than in the wallet or in the head unless you don't do your own work.

Users who are viewing this thread