Bassani Mid Length Headers installed!

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
Originally posted by StlBlack03
T3 - Better watch your self in the STL...don't let me catch you on the Ill-side. :lol:

:-D

I'll be the big yellow banana with all the ricers in tow as I go thru East St. Louis!!

:lol: :lol:

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
Originally posted by f4sfed
Hell yea! Bring it! LOVE to see another '03 around these parts!

We've got about the same mods, how do YOU get traction?

I don't have traction anymore. I find by feathering the fun pedal until I'm into 3rd is the only way. Spring 03 = DR's
:lol:

:burnout:

Rwick7

Established Member
Don't get your rims stole like Chevy Chase over there in ESTL. :)

Let us know if you can get out one night, we've been trying to get all the area 03's together or a few brews...maybe this will be the time it happens.

Rwick7

Established Member
We usually go to Hooters in South County...but there are plenty of other places. You guys can come over to Fast Eddies in Alton :)

f4sfed

Established Member
Originally posted by T3 Cobra
I don't have traction anymore. I find by feathering the fun pedal until I'm into 3rd is the only way. Spring 03 = DR's
:lol:

Same here... Got my Michelin Pilot Sport A/S now, and scoping out the Goodrich DR's for my chromies (hopefully coming soon).

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by f4sfed
No. I don't have the Cobra floor mats. ;)
Those that do, be aware that the '01 mats have carpet gripping dimples on the bottom which contacts the solid plastic pad is under the pedals. The dimples will be ripped off if you don't put a pad in between them.

BBriBro

Established Member
Any updates on the headers? , I am close to ordering the bassani catback and x pipe, If I could get the whole 9 yards and do the full install at once, that would be great.

FearblueR1

Established Member
Will the Bassani Mids allow for the trans to be dropped for service?? ie . new clutch, etc. Without taking down the headers?

Thanks,
Tim

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
Thanks for the update/info.

(pm me those pics) ;-)

I know the production headers haven't been built/released, but you said that the K-member didn't need to be removed...
Does the steering arm need to be colapsed?

Does the starter need to be removed?

What about the recirculation tubing (someone help me with the technical name for that please)? Will these have to be welded or bent?

Is there any welding or bending of existing tubing required or can someone just do this with a good ratchet set and 8 hours of free time?

Thanks again for the info. :thumbsup:

fakesnake.com

Established Member
Any updates on the headers? , I am close to ordering the bassani catback and x pipe, If I could get the whole 9 yards and do the full install at once, that would be great.

I think your looking at mid January at the earliest but that is only my guess.

Will the Bassani Mids allow for the trans to be dropped for service?? ie . new clutch, etc. Without taking down the headers?

I don't recall the headers being in the way. You would have to drop the X pipe and the coupler or leg that goes from X pipe to headers.

I know the production headers haven't been built/released, but you said that the K-member didn't need to be removed...

I don't think so. By installing one tube at a time and sliding into a coupler is how they were able to get into such a tight spot. You shouldn't have to remove starter.

THey are trying to put together everything you need to hook up to a Bassani X. You would have to cut and or weld to a factory or other brand cat.

I am taking car back in 2 weeks for more tweeking of headers. I'll confirm the installation process and status at that time. Then I can dyno the car with headers on.

f4sfed

Established Member
Originally posted by fakesnake.com
I am taking car back in 2 weeks for more tweeking of headers. I'll confirm the installation process and status at that time. Then I can dyno the car with headers on.

Anxiously looking forward to how this comes out! Dont' forget to write!

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Can't wait to hear the sound files. I have the catted X and catback from Bassani and am looking seriously at their mid length headers when available.

It would be great to be able to hear it before hand as I've never done headers on a Mustang and I really have no clue how much it changes the sound characteristics.

I keep hearing it described as "muscle car tone", which is what I LOVE, so I'm hopeful.

The deeper the rumble the better. :)

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
Originally posted by slythetove
Can't wait to hear the sound files. I have the catted X and catback from Bassani and am looking seriously at their mid length headers when available.

It would be great to be able to hear it before hand as I've never done headers on a Mustang and I really have no clue how much it changes the sound characteristics.

I keep hearing it described as "muscle car tone", which is what I LOVE, so I'm hopeful.

The deeper the rumble the better. :)

Stop it .... your getting me HOT .... :rolling: :rolling:

Just kidding you :lol: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread