Bassani Mid Length Headers installed!

rezcobra

Established Member
Fakesnake.com, any updates or dyno figures on the prototype midlengths? Got the cat-backs and waiting on the headers.

fakesnake.com

Established Member
I'm picking car up on Friday and hopefully dynoing car on Saturday if dyno place is open. ox03 plans on coming to record the sounds. I'll keep you updated.

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
Paging FakeSnake...hellooooo FakeSnake...

I'm interested in knowing how you made out on the headers. I read that you gave Bassani some locking header bolts for the initial install, but they could not use them.

Have you found that the stock header bolts are loosening up on you? Have you had to re-torque the bolts any at all? Did Bassani have to re-torque them when the car was at their facility?

I wonder if anyone has made the bolts that we need for our heads yet...:idea:

fakesnake.com

Established Member
I gave Bassani Stage 8 header bolts for 4.6/5.4 engine and it started to strip threads so they stopped. I haven't checked the bolts but will be bringing car back in a month for them to tweak the design of the header a little. I will find out if the bolts loosened up at all then.

OneSVTFan

Established Member
fakesnake, I may have missed it but did you get a chance to get the car to the dyno after the header install? Any ideal of what the headers added in terms of HP/TQ?

fakesnake.com

Established Member
I dynoed it before and after. Unfortunately, the after included adding a densecharger CAI in place of a K&N drop in filter.

Added 40 RWHP and about 20 on torque. Based on previous posts I am estimating the headers added 20-25 RWHP.

OverToad

Established Member
I agree Fakesnake. The DC I tested before put down about 20rhp/10rtq. So 20/10 would make perfect sense.

Thanks for all the updates Snake. If the power gained from LT's to this is negligable, these would be a far better value for us that allready have 2/3 of the Bassani system.

fakesnake.com

Established Member
Overtoad,

yeah the downside is you have to have the Bassani X pipe, but I don't see the other brands making much more if any than the Bassani Set up.

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
I am also waiting on the Bassani Headers to complete my exhaust.

I understand though that this install is very difficult and will require raising the engine or dropping the cross member??

That will take 6-8-10 hours to install.

Is it worth it and can the guy in his garage be able to install?

:beer:

fakesnake.com

Established Member
T3,

I wouldn't tackle that install myself. Figure at least 8 hours on install. You don't have to remove cross member but do have to loosen up engine mount bolts and raise engine slightly.

You do not have to remove steering shaft but they recommend it for easier install.

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
Originally posted by fakesnake.com
T3,

I wouldn't tackle that install myself. Figure at least 8 hours on install. You don't have to remove cross member but do have to loosen up engine mount bolts and raise engine slightly.

You do not have to remove steering shaft but they recommend it for easier install.

Thanks for the info, now to find a place around the Roanoke, VA. area that I can trust.

Users who are viewing this thread