Bassani Catted X users?

beeradd

Established Member
Bought a used catted x pipe awhile back. Had to order a few clamps and what not then I will be installing. I have read alot of threads about leaks and am curious for some feedback so hopefully I do not have to troubleshoot this thing several times. It has the stainless bandclamps which are 1.5 inches wide, I will be picking up a new gasket from ford soon. Has anybody had to use the wider bandclamps? Should I get crazy and use some sealant around all connections? Thanks for any input, and yes I have searched and read about 30 threads lol. By the way I have stock manifolds and this is a stainless 5 piece setup

beeradd

Established Member
just to throw some more info out there that I have been concerned about. Bought this midpipe used off CL. When I got it home it was missing the downtubes from manifolds to midpipe. Called the guy and he said that he unbolted it straight off his car and pretty much acted like I was crazy. I have since located some replacement bassani downtubes and am now wondering if he was running aftermarket headers and didn't tell me. anyhow that wouldn't matter right? These kits seem universal and since I now have the proper downtubes hopefully everything will match up...

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
If it was paired with Bassani mid length headers, the downtubes were taken out. That is how I went from a 5 piece from stock headers to Bassani headers. Just remove the down pipes! Hope this helps

Alex

Users who are viewing this thread