Bassani Catback with Bassaini X, install w/cats or not?

Bassani Catback with Bassani X, cats or offroad?

• Bassani Catback with Bassani O/R X

Votes: 61 50.4%
  • Bassani Catback with Bassani High flow cats

Votes: 60 49.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Nelson

Established Member
Just sold my Steeda catback that I had mated to a Bassani O/R X. Just wanted a little more aggressive, louder sound. Just ordered a Bassani catback to go with the X. Question is, should I install the catback with the Bassani X with cats or should I leave it with the offroad pipes in?

OrangeCobra2004

Established Member
Leave it o/r but make sure your baffels are in your tips. If you don't like the sound or smell you can always put the cats in.

Rob Nelson

Established Member
Well I just got the Bassani catback on with the Bassani O/R X. OMG, this thing sounds great. I left the baffles in the tips and it's really deep at idle, and cruising is not to obnoxious. If you get on it above 3,000 rpm the car just screams!!!!!!!! Love the sound. Bassani FTW!!!!!!!!!!

DisposableHero

Established Member
I like my exhaust loud and I can tell you my Bassani X with cats + Borla Stingers is pretty damn loud! Especially at WOT. Without CATS, you're going to make any CB pretty fricken loud. If you like that, then go for it. But I have seen a lot of complaints from guys on many mustang sites regretting taking the CATS off because of the insane noise.

SSSSIKH

I ♥ BOOST
Established Member
bassani o/r x with your bassani catback (with no baffles)

you'll love it! :rockon:

03sm3341

Established Member
Had mine both ways IMO cats ftw. Off road pipes gave me to much attention from the boys in blue. With out cats to raspy for me, but it's your car do what ever pleases you.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
The baffles look horrible IMO. My current setup consists of stock manifolds, Bassani
catted x-pipe, and Bassani catback (no baffles).

Mach1crazy

Established Member
Can someone or anyone who wants, post pics of bassani CB installed on a 03/04 cobra still with IRS. Thanks

03whipedsnake

Established Member
if you like loud raspy exhaust go with offroad but if you want it to be load but not to load and have a great tone go with the catted x pipe

bdenham

04 Cobra
Established Member
I had bassani x pipep w/ cat back on my 02 GT and loved it. Then I bought an 03 Cobra that had the Bassani exhaust with out cats on it and it sounded bad a**. Only problem was that it was my daily driver so as much as I liked the sound it was freaking loud and got old. I just bought an 04 Cobra that has an SLP catback and I don't think it sounds near as good as bassani.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread