Bassani catback, anyone change muffler?

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
Hey guys, looking to possible change the sound of my Cobra, currently I have l/t's, catted x and Bassani cat back. Unfortunately really never really liked the sound of the bassani's but i've always loved the sound of a chambered muffler instead. Instead of purchasing a whole new cat back system I'm wondering if i can easily change the mufflers to something like a Mac or flow master mufflers. I like the sound of the mac's better but they seem to have offset in and out lets, but the flow master super flow 44 look the they might fit http://www.americanmuscle.com/flowmaster-44-muffler-9904cobra-3in.html Any thoughts as if this is doable, not sure how the fitment would be since they bassani looks to be a smaller muffler and also not offset.

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
My cars obnoxious due to the stock manifolds, I feel long tubes tone down the rasp, as do cats. So I bet it would be milder than you'd think with a one chamber on there

speedoflife

Established Member
I've got SLP Loudmouth 2 on my Bassani catback pipes. Stock mani/H pipe. I grab a video and return later

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
I had stingers,, heck i've had magna flows, mac's now bassani's lol, just trying to get away from the straight through sound with out getting a whole new system.

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
I had stingers,, heck i've had magna flows, mac's now bassani's lol, just trying to get away from the straight through sound with out getting a whole new system.

I really want mac's i miss them but don't think they will fit into the bassani catback easily :( Here is my favorite system on my first 03, i miss the howl. [video=youtube;jUl5dZpBrD8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUl5dZpBrD8&index=4&list=UUjiabFKlMegHjpiB-XIDyWw[/video]

Last edited:

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
Ok here's a video of my current exhaust setup, i hate it lol. Don't think the bassani sound is for me..
[video=youtube;RRAjT-LETwI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRAjT-LETwI&feature=em-upload_owner[/video]

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
After listening to the exhaust I've decided to order mac flow path's mufflers to swap out the Bassani mufflers. Similar dimensions and inlet and outlet are in the same position hopefully all goes smooth.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Good luck I have mac mufflers welded into a SLP catback on my Cobra and plan on removing it this winter in favor of Borla Stingers.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
no like? I've had both mac and borla's, borla's sound good from the outside but I like the sound of the Mac's inside better imo.

I don't hate the sound just love the sound of stingers I do agree Mac sounds better than Flowmaster imo. But I love the sound of Flowmaster on my 92.

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
I don't hate the sound just love the sound of stingers I do agree Mac sounds better than Flowmaster imo. But I love the sound of Flowmaster on my 92.

+1 love mac's that have a tone when low speed driving is amazing. Stingers sound nasty full throttle, as seen in my video. Also looking to get rid of the straight through mufflers sound, they always give snap crackle pop on decel.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
Ok here's a video of my current exhaust setup, i hate it lol. Don't think the bassani sound is for me..
[video=youtube;RRAjT-LETwI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRAjT-LETwI&feature=em-upload_owner[/video]

I think that sounds real good. Is that the 3" Bassani SS Cat-back?

Zemedici

Established Member

that sounds good, but it sounds weird. It doesnt have the normal 4v worble. And the tone seems a bit high. Good luck with the mac mufflers :beer:

IN4NEWVIDEO

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
Sorry for the delayed response. The exhaust is as followed, kooks long tubes with lethals catted x pipe going to a 2 1/2" bassani stainless steel cat back. If I remember seeing a photo of a bassani muffler internals it was perforated which imo is giving it this sound. Miss a camber muffler , Mac says they are a week away from building the mufflers since they are out of stock.

Users who are viewing this thread