Bassani 4" tips

faststang87

Smoke Em!
Established Member
Sup guys I need your help...Again... I am wondering where I can get Bassani 4" tips at? I am also wondering if any of you guys have put these on before.. If so how do you like them. Here is what I am doing, I am not buying a Bassani catback but I love the look of the bassani tips. I know guys have done it before, I just never found out where they got the tips at. Let me know! Thanks for your help! :rockon:

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
Wait for someone to post up a used set. Bassani tips look the best! The rolled lip on the borlas make them look smaller than 4" and the SLP's look great but still only a 3.5" diameter tip. Nothing beats bassanis look...

faststang87

Smoke Em!
Established Member
Wait for someone to post up a used set. Bassani tips look the best! The rolled lip on the borlas make them look smaller than 4" and the SLP's look great but still only a 3.5" diameter tip. Nothing beats bassanis look...

Yea that is what I thought about doing... Are you doing the same thing?

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
Yeah well i actually have the stingers on my car now but I dont like the look of tips.

Im going to get the bassani IRS piping and tips (basically everything after the mufflers) and cut the borla right after the stingers so i can run from the slip fit connection on the X up to the IRS piping and bolt them im. Basically half borla, half bassani... lol

But if i cant find the piping alone and i have to buy a complete bassani catback, ill have the option of bolting the bassani flowtubes and muffs back in if i want.

Lots of trouble to do this and expensive but it will leave me with some good options...

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
I'm running Bassani piping/tips with Borla stingers. I LOVE the Bassani tips and ditched my Borla piping because it didn't fit right and the tips started looking like crap. Besides, the slash cut design is aggressive and badass looking.

69275881912134345030912.jpg

14241589630000094503091.jpg

16165597557922474503091.jpg

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
I have a set of Bassani tips sitting in my shed. Make me an offer. I will even polish them up for ya. :beer:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
If i had to do it again, I probably would have kept the borla piping and welded on bassani tips because my stingers now sit a little closer to the ground with the bassani piping. :(

You need to polish that turd :poke: and the tips.

BTW you should be able to take the proper tool (and maybe a torch) and re-bend the rear exhaust hangars to pick everything "up" a little bit. Takes some time and is a little aggravating, but can be done.

Bassani will sell you new tips directly; but they're a little pricey; but not bad.

Jefe

Established Member
If i had to do it again, I probably would have kept the borla piping and welded on bassani tips because my stingers now sit a little closer to the ground with the bassani piping. :(

Good to know, I plan on cutting out my bassani's and putting stingers in. Ill have the shop tuck it up as far as possible

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
My stinger catback fits fine but honestly, even though the stinger tuck up better, my bassani was easier to align. Im sure the exhaust shop can raise it a little when i take it to get the stinger worked in...

Jefe

Established Member
Now we just gotta find some Stingers, No one is selling them anymore

945LSTANG

Established Member
i also have a bassani kit and the tips are definitely my favorite part. i noticed that some people install their tips rotated out such as screamincobra and that others like myself and mblgjr install them straight up and down. which style do you guys think looks better?

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
I did not rotate them, they are welded to the catback like that from Bassani. They designed it like that specifically for the 03/04 Cobra. I like it better like that because its different and looks aggressive imo.

I bought my Stingers from Jegs. Borla's part number for JUST the muffler is 40842S. I paid over $300 for both of them. I'm sure you can find them at other places but I always shoot for the best prices. Also, S-type IS the Stingers.

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
Oh ok. Must be an earlier model because the bassani i have, the tips are not welded. They clamp on so you can adjust them however you want.

Not a bad price on the stingers. They go for almost $200 each on average. Lucky for me, i have another catback that has a damaged tailpipe and tip and im just going to cut the stingers out to use them and trash the rest...

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
Oh ok. Must be an earlier model because the bassani i have, the tips are not welded. They clamp on so you can adjust them however you want.

Not a bad price on the stingers. They go for almost $200 each on average. Lucky for me, i have another catback that has a damaged tailpipe and tip and im just going to cut the stingers out to use them and trash the rest...

Nice! :rockon:
Gotta love those stingers!

Post pics if you finish this little project, its a pretty kickass setup.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
The early Bassani systems had the tips welded at an angle to match the arch/curve of the rear valance when you look down on it. They also rotated their nameplate etching so it would be on 'top' of the tip with it rotated like that.

Later systems went to the now-common clamp on/rotatable tip.

The early systems look ok with the tips angled out in person, it's just different when you first see it. One of those novel ideas...but it's just not quite right either, so I went with the typical straight up.

Users who are viewing this thread