Bassani 03 Exhaust Info

Weasel

Established Member
I just received this info from Bassani about their new offering for the 03 Cobra.

Weasel

skstang

Established Member
That is old news Weasel. Not flaming just saying. Bassani is taking there sweet ass time to get this released. I think there trying to figure out how much to mark it up over the 01 exhaust, even though people on here have done well with the 01' exhaust. Come on Bassani you have had a car for at least 3 months now. So much there "by the time you take delivery" statement.:bash:

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
I've herd the new system is in 5 segments, cats are going to be removable. I'm talking about the X Pipe. It's just a Rumor. ;-) It does have 4" tips. Not a rumor!

Tim:p

[sky]03cobra

Established Member
the 01 exhaust (x pipe ) works well on the new cobra.. will it really be that much better? or is it just a scheme to bump prices etc?
sky

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
If it aint broke, don't fix it! I'm going to use my 01 system, I can't believe there would be that much of a difference.

Tim

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
how much are the 01 headers, X with and without cats, and cat back? I'm trying to figure out how much money to put aside for this new exhaust.

Weasel

Established Member
SKstang-

Sorry, just trying to be helpful. I hadn't seen it posted and when I received it, it was news to me. I thought it would be useful to others that were as ignorant as I.

Weasel

Silver 03 Cobra

Tim, the 01 Bassani is now made in three pieces. I bought the catted version from Houston Perf. I was afraid to run an o/r pipe with the blower. Once I found out how the O2 sensors worked, I knew an o/r pipe would be fine. I called Bassani about the part numbers for the o/r segments. They gave me the numbers and said that they could only be purchased direct from Bassani so I ordered a set. Cost is $130 including shipping. Not a bad little option to have.

Bassin, now is the time to make that decision. If you go with BBK LT's, then you will only have two options for the intermediate pipe. You can use BBK's shorty h-pipe with or w/out cats or a VRS x-pipe. The LT's paired with an o/r h-pipe is a sound that can't be beat. Scares the hell out of Vette drivers. The VRS catted x-pipe has a real deep mellow sound but is pretty quiet compared to other combos. A good civilized sound. Enough to tell someone there is somehting under the jood. I had both these set ups on my 01 Cobra.

The other option is shorty headers. The only ones that are worth the time and money are JBA Cat4Ward 1 5/8 headers. They have almost equal HP gains as LT's plus they actually pull a little more torque than LT's. 5.0 Mag tested a set on a blown 01 and got 30 rwhp out of a set. The exhaust market is wide open because the mounting configuration is the same as the stock exhaust manifolds.

I was only going to do the Bassani. Now that my 03 is laying down close to 400 rwhp I got to have a set of headers. To be able to use my Bassani x-pipe I'm going to have to use JBA's. Not too bad a route but I don't know what the sound will be like. If I only had know I would have went with BBK LT's. Actually, the BBK LT's and an o/r h-pipe is a lot cheaper than JBA's and a catted Bassani. It would be about $670 compared to $1000 and that's not including the catback.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yellow Horse

Established Member
Part of me says I wished I had waited but I willnever put 4 inch tips on any car I drive. I bet most combos will dyno pretty close together. If this the only blower Cobra they make, Bassani better get the lead out because most people will do an exhaust mod pretty soon after they get their car and a large percentage of the 12k built will leave their car stock. The percentage of sales is slipping every day.

I'm happy with the mods I've done and are planning.

Terminator03

banned
Alright let me set this straight. I talked to bassani for a while before i decided to go ahead with the 01 o/r x-pipe and cat back. Heres the deal. The main difference is just going to be the size of the x-pipe. Their headers are still in a testing phase and when you put long tube headers on the x-pipe has to be shorter to compensate for the headers. And they are going to trhow some 4 inch tips on there to make it look better. When they come out with the headers i am going to get those and just have them cut into my x-pipe. And hey i could even put four inch tips on and no one would know the difference.

What it came down to for me was waiting a long ass time for exhaust. I couldnt stand the stock sound, so quiet, so restrictive. I had to do something instead of waiting months for the whole headers back package.

black03SVT

Established Member
Can we get a group purchase going on the 03 exhaust like they do on Corral.net?

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
Originally posted by Silver03Snake
Tim, the 01 Bassani is now made in three pieces. I bought the catted version from Houston Perf. I was afraid to run an o/r pipe with the blower. Once I found out how the O2 sensors worked, I knew an o/r pipe would be fine. I called Bassani about the part numbers for the o/r segments. They gave me the numbers and said that they could only be purchased direct from Bassani so I ordered a set. Cost is $130 including shipping. Not a bad little option to have.

I have the early 01 X w/ new style cats, it's one piece. The reason Bassani went to the three piece was to save money on shipping. Seems like money makes the world go round. LOL :cuss: Bassani x haust systems are high quality. I'm sure the new system won't be cheap! I guessing $1500 for the X pipe and Cat back. :eek:

Tim:xpl:

Users who are viewing this thread