base model no options

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
My dealer has a black/black base 2014 sitting around and I have a bug up my butt to buy a new car.

I buy and sell my cars almost every year, so just wondering for those who bought a base model if there are any regrets......Thanks.....Steve

The dealer where I bought mind from has a 2014 that came in today 12/18/13.
Coupe/Black/Black Matte Stripes & Black Interior.
MSRP is 63,100.00
Navigation option
Premium sound[Shaker System]
821A pkg
car cover
Call Peyton Walton at[337]315-0629
Location,Lafayette,Louisiana
Fresh off the assembly line & car hauler!!!
One of the last off the line .

Last edited by a moderator:

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I have a bse model plus recaroz.

do t mind drivinf it one bit.

car ia awesome

wold t nof frzd efor somethi g similF

04MysticCobra

Established Member
I have a base model 14 with no options. Absolutely no regrets. The car is awesome. Not tracking the car so no need for those options. I did ditch the GY's when new for the MPSS's. The Michelins are great on this GT500.

GT500-lolz@MPG

Established Member
If you plan on modifying it I'd so jump on it! Kinda wish i would have found a base model as the extras I paid for are mostly sitting in my attic..

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
Thanks all for such quick replies. I think I will head over to the dealer and check it out.

It is winter, so not really an opportunity to drive it, but want to know what the base seats are like. Plus, as you all know, I don't need to drive it to know what I will be getting :D

Must admit I like the Recaros, but it is just sitting there as is and my dealer loves me, so the price should be very good......Steve

Last edited:

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
My dealer got a base model in a week after I bought my loaded 14. I went to look at it just for fun and man did it look/feel boring compared to my car.

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
My dealer got a base model in a week after I bought my loaded 14. I went to look at it just for fun and man did it look/feel boring compared to my car.

Your car looks great!!!! Come on now even in the base car when you nail the gas peddle that aint gonna be boring :)

Last edited:

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I ordered my car the exact way I wanted it. Base car with Recaros, glass roof, and upgraded stereo. I tracked my car last November, auto crossed it before that, and took it to the drag strip before that. Car performed flawlessly. I don't believe you gain any performance with a PP vehicle. All you get is uglier wheels. lol

Last edited:

Nickoli

Established Member
I only plan on drag racing from time to time, so the svtpp was pretty much worthless to me. With that said, the base version still is a badass race car. It's not like it can't handle just because it doesn't have those few extra hard-core racing options.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I only plan on drag racing from time to time, so the svtpp was pretty much worthless to me. With that said, the base version still is a badass race car. It's not like it can't handle just because it doesn't have those few extra hard-core racing options.

I have yet to see someone post lap times in a base versus a PP and show a difference.

KENS96M6

Established Member
Base car with Recaro's and no regrets. I ordered it that way because I liked the base wheels and upgraded the base shaker with JL audio. I dont plan on tracking the car so no need for the coolers and extra weight.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
The pp wheels look ugly on most color combos compared to the base wheels which look amazing in person plus they're easy to keep clean. Coilover upgrade nearly obsoletes the pp shocks. And MMR sells a better air-water engine oil cooler than what's on the tp. The only things that you can't upgrade to on your own are the trans cooler, diff cooler, and the body control module calibrations that take place when the car is put in sport mode. I don't think the calibrations have much effect though as Van has stated multiple times that he ran the same lap times at Daytona with the shocks in comfort vs sport.

verbal

Established Member
I have no regrets with the purchase. There is always going to be the next best thing but I still really enjoy the car. I just wish I could drive it more.

Recaros would definitely be a requirement for me. I could do without the PP and TP. I also did not need the navigation and stereo packages.

GT500wantabe

Established Member
I would even prefer a base with radio and speaker delete along with adding lower gearing. Too bad gearing isn't an option like the GT. Lighter and faster for drag racing.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
Base model with Nav. Love it! Base wheels look better on some colors than others though.

Users who are viewing this thread