Barton Shifter Issue

Bloo

Established Member
Just installed a barton shifter to compliment my 2 post bracket.

First thoughts: the throws are a lot shorter than i had expected. Which i kind of like. It is also pretty notchy, feels a lot like the hurst i had in my 07, which i don't really like... but it's growing on me.

The problem i'm having is the shifter not going back to neutral on its own from reverse. I click down, put the car in R, than when i drop it back into the neautral position, it just stays to the left. I have to put it to the right (in neutral position) on my own. Is this normal or an easy fix?

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
I usually tell people when breaking them in, when you park it, leave it in reverse for the first 100 miles or so.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bloo

Established Member
I bought it used, but it seems to be in really good condition. Maybe the guy barely used it. I'll try leaving it in reverse when parked from now on.

wiz_of_wuz

Established Member
mine is a 2014 stock and does the same thing. Put it in reverse and then go to the neutral gate and it stays over to the left and when I push to what I think is first it is reverse.........

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
Don't have that prob. Make sure the bottom of the 2 post bracket piece is touching the lip on the end of the snout.

Thanks for that tip @BBR

Users who are viewing this thread