Barrett-Jackson

brianz426

Established Member
Did anyone watch the B-J Auction this past weekend? With some of the prices I saw cars selling for I'm guessing the tough economic times are everywhere but in Scottsdale.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Yeah agreed a lot of cars that would easily go for over $150,000 in 2005 couldn't go past $70,000 now so maybe the buyers finally got a brain and figuered they pay only for the fact it was on BJ :nonono:

convert03cobra

Established Member
First place I'm going if I ever win the lottery. I will get a one way ticket there and will drive back with something awesome! I can dream right?

brianz426

Established Member
prices were down this year, until they got to the saturday auction, then the gloves were off.

I agree^. Even thou everything looks good on T.V. the best cars are on the block Friday thru Saturday. I've never been to Scottsdale, but I did go to the West Palm Beach auction last year. There is a big difference in the quality of the early cars vs. the cars run later in the week. It looks like the best cars with good documentation are still very strong. Cars with a questionable past, clones and quickie restos have definitely lost value. As they should, even some of these cars are still on the high side.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
Did anyone watch the B-J Auction this past weekend? With some of the prices I saw cars selling for I'm guessing the tough economic times are everywhere but in Scottsdale.

$100 million in sales in 2008 and $25 million in sales in 2009 :read:

put down the crack pipe :rollseyes

Last edited:

deadpres

everyday is caturday
Established Member
I believe a lot of has to do with owners just sitting on the car until the economy turns around. I mean if you're not worried about a few hundred grand, then wait it out until it sells for what it's really worth.

My personal fav was the '66 GT350 that sold for 220,000

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
There were actually some real world prices this year. Had it not been for Pratts money it would have been a total failure!!

Users who are viewing this thread