Barrett-Jackson Auction

railroad

Established Member
I am glad the economy is good and there are so many great cars alive and well. But after a couple of hours, it dawned on me, " the rich guys are just swapping toys".
I did click over to Mecum and watched the 40K cars instead of the 140 and $240K cars being sold. Not comparing auctions sites, just the cars and players.

Last edited:

jshen

Established Member
I don't understand their logic---yesterday I missed cars on the auction block because some commentator was talking about and filming a preview car in the staging area..I am skipping today as I sick of the length and number of commercials on TV programs- the FCC needs to stop this mess...

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I don't understand their logic---yesterday I missed cars on the auction block because some commentator was talking about and filming a preview car in the staging area..I am skipping today as I sick of the length and number of commercials on TV programs- the FCC needs to stop this mess...

That was my gripe (along with many others). I was watching on TV but also had it live on the laptop. You guys wouldn't believe the cars they were either talking through while they were on the block, or went to commercial. Some of them were even "Hyped up" by Craig Jackson.
Boss 429
Ford GT
Saleen S7
Just about every Demon that was on site
Porsche Carerra GT
Etc.

...but "Welcome back viewers, here is another custom 67 Corvette..."

buffalosoldier

Established Member
the older ones had primitive suspension, as much as I liked the body style the handling sucked. I would consider a nice resto if I was in the market for a driver.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

blk02edge

Established Member
Does it bug anyone that they say "actual miles!" On every damn car? Like wow! That 2018 Demon still has its original miles??? Shocked.

Petty I know

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
The Barrett Jackson announcers don't bother me at all.

Sent from my SM-J727V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

It's not Mike Joy etc, it's when they cut to Christy Lee etc when they have a hyped up car crossing.
Or when they show a promo with Craig Jackson hyping up a car, and then end up going to commercial when the car rolls across the block (happened at least twice on Saturday).

Dip Dungles

Pew Pew
Established Member
Premium Member
Looking forward to the BJ at Mohegan Sun in June. Going to grab a few cocktails and potentially make horrible financial decisions. Divorce here I come!!!

Fat Boss

Established Member
Last night a 1970 GT500 crossed the block and one of the announcers said it came with the 328 Cobra Jet. It was even listed on the screen like that.

I saw the card, cringed, and then cringed again when the guy said it, then cringed again when nobody corrected him.

Fat Boss

Established Member
I thought just about everything was drawing strong money. It makes me think maybe someday my 1 of 1 Shelby will actually be worth something.

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
It's not Mike Joy etc, it's when they cut to Christy Lee etc when they have a hyped up car crossing.
Or when they show a promo with Craig Jackson hyping up a car, and then end up going to commercial when the car rolls across the block (happened at least twice on Saturday).

oh yeah... I totally agree with this.

Users who are viewing this thread