Barrett-Jackson Auction

jshen

Established Member
Does anyone get annoyed with the Non-Stop BS commentators on these Online Auctions. I have been following Barrett-Jackson as well as Mecum 4 years and after a while I have to turn it off because the commentators just won't shut up!

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Does anyone get annoyed with the Non-Stop BS commentators on these Online Auctions. I have been following Barrett-Jackson as well as Mecum 4 years and after a while I have to turn it off because the commentators just won't shut up!
yeppers .. was watching to day and only got about half way through before switching

buffalosoldier

Established Member
I went to the Mecum auction in Louisville last year and to be straight up, a lot ofthe cars they were all excited about were crap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Same excessive commentator chatter happens with the televising of professional sport games. They could cut 50-75% of it. Annoying for sure. The bulk of the commentary used to be discussing the features of the car on the block. Things of interest. Facts. I miss that.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Same excessive commentator chatter happens with the televising of professional sport games. They could cut 50-75% of it. Annoying for sure. The bulk of the commentary used to be discussing the features of the car on the block. Things of interest. Facts. I miss that.

I want to cave joe bucks head in with a torque wrench.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Some serious hardware crossing the block today. Holy cow. 1500 hp roadrunner super bird - bunch of restomod C2 vettes- 2018 Cobra Jet - bunch of 2005-6 Ford GT’s - some really high end cars. Lots of money changing hands. BJ really has a lot of charity cars going through today - I have to give them the nod for that.

jshen

Established Member
I do like the charity work and sales that both Barrett-Jackson and me come get involved in. And I do like facts when it comes to the cars being sold but I do not need to know about the bobbleheads cars that they have owned in the past and I do not like the one-ups manship that they were getting into yesterday. Fact is because of their BS several cars went through the auction when I couldn't hear what was going on except for their personal stories.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I do like the charity work and sales that both Barrett-Jackson and me come get involved in. And I do like facts when it comes to the cars being sold but I do not need to know about the bobbleheads cars that they have owned in the past and I do not like the one-ups manship that they were getting into yesterday. Fact is because of their BS several cars went through the auction when I couldn't hear what was going on except for their personal stories.

I keep it running on my laptop. Watch on Barrett Jackson site. No chit chat, just all auctioneer. I watch it during commercials, or when they are blabbering and a good car is on the block.

vortecd

Established Member
I record the auctions then watch them on fast forward, and only stop at the cars that I’m interested in.

Same thing I do.

I don't have an issue with them talking. On the cars I do watch you can learn a lot on what they have to say. On non mopars there is a lot I can learn. In the 80's I read everything I could on mopars so I do know a lot but still find out new things here and there

blk02edge

Established Member
Some serious hardware crossing the block today. Holy cow. 1500 hp roadrunner super bird - bunch of restomod C2 vettes- 2018 Cobra Jet - bunch of 2005-6 Ford GT’s - some really high end cars. Lots of money changing hands. BJ really has a lot of charity cars going through today - I have to give them the nod for that.
Man I wish I had the cash for that superbird, or the daytona, either would do

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
What about that stage brunette's badonkadonk. WoW!

You mean this one?
F27E2ADE-DAD3-4A1F-9C26-05ADBE9AAE9F.jpeg

floodstang

Established Member
Last night a 1970 GT500 crossed the block and one of the announcers said it came with the 328 Cobra Jet. It was even listed on the screen like that.

Blown 89

Established Member
Announcers in general are the worst. A UFC event years ago lost commentator audio for a half hour or so and it was amazing. American tennis coverage is the worst. They won't shut up. From time to time foreign feeds make fun of American announcers for it

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I record the auctions then watch them on fast forward, and only stop at the cars that I’m interested in.
I do the same thing. I lost interest, though, mid-way through yesterday with all of the unnecessary chatter from the expanded group of commentators. Honestly, I just want to hear facts about the cars as they're on the block.

Users who are viewing this thread