Bar none - best Summer Track Mod Ever!!!

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
Don't know why it's taken me this long to figure it out but this 12x12 ez open canopy has got to be the best summer mod I've ever done...:D .

Good seeing some of the MACA JACA's at Capitol tonite..Jason, Andrew, & Big Lou..:beer: BTW with the 2.8HO & spec 5 the MT 275's are utterly useless....:cuss:

Cobraundertent.jpg

Cobraundertent1.jpg

Cobraundertent2.jpg

RedfireBeast

MACA Member #29
Established Member
TRBO VNM said:
damn, looking like a pro.

wow, so Lou drove all the way down?

It was about a 2 hour drive. Went down to see the Pro-Mods but there was only 3 or 4. I only stayed a couple of hours.

Novi357

It's stock...
Established Member
What were the results with the new set up?

I just put a set of the 295 m/ts on my car. I hoped to test them today, but the event was canceled due to bad weather.

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
F8LBITE said:
I know, you were stalking mine at Atco. What did you run on the Mickey's? Your 295's are in!!!!!!!!!!!

Great I'll come pick them up tomorrow!!! Let's just say when you sit there and spin/bounce in 1st then do the same thing in 2nd..:shrug: ..ended up losing in the 1st round so watched the big boys & girls running 6's - promods/outlaws with Andy & Jason...

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Great idea Matt!

Now you know how I felt last year at Ford Fever with those tiny 255 DRs, 4.10 gears, and spec 5 clutch.

Did M/T finally come out with their new sizes? What 295(/?/?) did you get?

Novi357

It's stock...
Established Member
Hissssnsvt said:
Great idea Matt!

Now you know how I felt last year at Ford Fever with those tiny 255 DRs, 4.10 gears, and spec 5 clutch.

The new sizes are out as far as I know. I put a set of the new style 295/45-17s on my car yesterday.

side-1.jpg

04yellowcobra

Established Member
Matt, good seeing you down there as well!! What are you doing with the Mickey's you are taking off ... or are you taking them off haha.

Good luck I am sure I will see you out at the track again soon.

Later

wheelhopper

Established Member
looks like you're open for business Matt. Like Matt Motorsports, or something, could be a good business rite off for you.

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
Hissssnsvt said:
Great idea Matt!

Yeh I sure do!!! The 275's did the job with my 2.6 & spec 3+, now with the spec 5, 2.8H, & rebuilt tranny...I'm hoping the 295's do the trick otherwise I might as well just be a spectator at Ford Fever this year. No matter what I did, pulled more timing, richen' the A/F, the 275's didn't work on the launch(even leaving at idle) nor on the 1st to 2nd gear shift. Spun & hopped...:shrug:

They are the 295/45R/17's size equivalent = 28 x 11.5R x 17 - - I'll be headed back this Saturday to see if this solves the problem...:(

F8LBITE

4xPerformanceParts
Established Member
You got to clutch her different on those tires. Remember mine on the 1st pass at MIR, hopping until it broke, then I fixed my launches and cut 1.57 60's and went 10.44's. You got to be gentle on it! I forgot you put that damn Spec 5 in, Have Fun!

Users who are viewing this thread