Bap ?

thodge

Established Member
What boost a pump is better, and what will support more power? Kenny bell or the vortech max flow?

by9468840

Established Member
guys I have a KB 40amp BAP on my bench waiting for the install. I am just not entirely convinced a BAP is safe mainly because of the wiring and soldering that needs to be done. I read about so many incidents with blown fuses. When a fuse blows up, either the one on the BAP or the one in the engine bay, does it shut down the fuel pump or just kills the voltage boost? A dead fuel pump in the middle of a high speed wot run is almost as scary as suddenly running lean.

I am currenlty running a Roush TVS with 82mm. I dont need BAP as my alt voltage alone is enough to provide the fuel. However I am thinking of installing the 79mm (with stock airbox) soon and VMP says BAP might help being additional insurance. I just hate to think that I have to cut thru fuel pump control module wires. I anyway have no issues without BAP, for the moment, and worried about blowing up a fuse if i install it.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
All BAP's are fine. We have been using the Vortech Universal and KB BAP's for years (they have also been out for many more and is not a new item in this market) without any issues. We trust both brands and know they will work.

Look at it as security

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Dont get a vortech too many problems

the only issue with the vortech was a priming issue on the programmable unit, which was corrected with a software fix.

if you want a static, the universal vortech works great, and is a very simple install

we sell a ton of the vortech's, it's what we are running on my car.

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
We sell the JMS, KB and Vortech.

All of the non programmable units work flawlessly. Give me a shout when your ready to pull the trigger and I'll set you up with a great price on one.

Users who are viewing this thread