BAP question

mrose75

Established Member
I installed BAP, 80 lbs injectors, Stage V Steggy port, and SCT 2600 MAF yesterday. Now I have a strange sound coming from the back when the ignition goes to the KOEO position, which I assume is the BAP or what it's for in the stock pumps to do. While driving there is also a persistent buzz/whir coming from the rear, again I assume this has something to do with the BAP. Thoughts/input? Thanks.

TRBO VNM

They do buzz, but typically with car running and the bap behind the trunk panels you don't hear it.

mrose75

Established Member
I can hear it at idle. Could it be my stock pumps being worked to death? I added 80lbs injectors. It's coming from behind, but with music or the windows down I don't notice it.

mrose75

Established Member
have you removed your truck panels to see if it coming from the bap or the pumps?

I haven't removed the liner, but with my head in the trunk the buzzing seems to be coming from the where I mounted the BAP.

Doing key on after the car sits I can hear BAP kicking in the pumps bringing up the pressure but that the last I hear from it.

I here this as well, but the buzzing continues. It's almost like that buzzing you get in speakers.

mrose75

Established Member

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm pretty sure I wired it correctly. It's not that hard. I used this: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/how-230/244875-bap-wiring-upgrade-installation-directions.html

Are you saying that it should be heard buzzing?

Yeah it shouldn't be that hard, but plenty have messed it up. And yes you should hear a buzzing sound from the bap. I can turn ignition key on (engine off) and put my ear by the driverside tailpipe and hear some buzzing going on. When the engine is running though, I don't hear it. So no the buzzing sound shouldn't be louder than the exhaust!

mrose75

Established Member
Yeah it shouldn't be that hard, but plenty have messed it up. And yes you should hear a buzzing sound from the bap. I can turn ignition key on (engine off) and put my ear by the driverside tailpipe and hear some buzzing going on. When the engine is running though, I don't hear it. So no the buzzing sound shouldn't be louder than the exhaust!

Yeah, when the radio is on and I'm driving around I can't really hear it. But no radio, yes it's prevalent.

Users who are viewing this thread