bad weekend

Atlantic Blue

Established Member
Does it shift with the motor off?

Yes it will shift but very hard to move from one gear to the next. When I am in 1st and I slow to pull into a parking spot I push the clutch in and it seems like the whole drive line is still connected, like no clutch at all, then it stalls, I have to put it in reverse or first before I can restart the motor or else I cannot get it to shift at all from neutral.

Atlantic Blue

Established Member
Oh man no wonder my clutch feels awkward, I have a ram clutch.

HAHAHAHA, I think your exactly right! I bought this pos from Steeda, and it has had clutch chatter since day one until I would get the RPM up to like 2200 or so. Honestly, the POS never would hook worth a S--t.
When I bought it last year the guy on the phone said that this was a great clutch for my car. Obviously he doesn't know what he's talking about.
If that crap is made in China that would be another example of why we should NUKE those C. suckers once and for all!

Atlantic Blue

Established Member
Man the same thing just happened to my car tonight stuck in 1 gear but I'm on a oem replacement clutch :(

Man trust me, I know the feeling. I am sorry that had to happen even with an oem clutch. Are you positive it's oem and not a crappy Ram clutch? Sounds just like what happened to mine.

97cobra...

Established Member
Ya oem replacement I installed it about a year ago it does suck lol my car has literally all the same symptoms yours does

SpittingCobra

Established Member
I bought an Exedy stage 2. Engagement is really nice. Holds the supercharged power too. However it sounds like the throw out or pilot bearing they have in the kit might be junk!? Making some weird noises..

BTW gonna try to make that show. Hopefully you can get yours fixed in time!

Atlantic Blue

Established Member
I bought an Exedy stage 2. Engagement is really nice. Holds the supercharged power too. However it sounds like the throw out or pilot bearing they have in the kit might be junk!? Making some weird noises..

BTW gonna try to make that show. Hopefully you can get yours fixed in time!
I almost bought that same clutch as you did, wife said it was "too expensive", now here I am 462 miles later with serious problems.

I hope you do make it to that show up in Loveland! From the looks of your picture of your car It looks pretty sweet. I sure hope my ride is fixed before then! Jeez, I'm going crazy that we have such a short time that I can drive the baby, and instead it sits in a shop...again!
Have you preregistered yet? :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread