bad weekend

Atlantic Blue

Established Member
:whine:Well guys, I suppose it had to happen eventually, I took my Cobra to the annual "ROCKY MOUNTAIN MUSTANG ROUNDUP" in Steamboat Springs, Co on Thurs.
First thing that we all did as a group was do a drive into the hills, and the first stop was up a steep hill going to a local H.S. There were so many cars in line that I complained to my wife that I was going to burn the clutch before getting up into the parking lot!
Made it but on the entrance back to the county road where there was a ton of cars waiting in line just to turn to go up the hill, I decided to give the boys in Shelby's a little show. Pulled out onto the street, popped the clutch at 2800 RPM, and when I boiled the hides and tried to shift to 2nd...couldn't get it out of 1st:uh oh:, and it was like the clutch went to the floor.
After killing the engine I was able to get into 3rd gear, and then couldn't change gears, sooooo; I drove the 28 miles back to town in 3rd at 3000 RPM!:dw:
Had at least 10 guys trying to help by adjusting the Steeda cable, didn't work!
So drove to our hotel and tried to work on it there...nothing, in fact it was getting worse. I parked the car in reverse so I could back out of parking spot, couldn't shit it till I killed the engine, put it in 1st very forcibly:mj:. The next day tried to drive it in the Autocross...not a good idea, somehow it made it worse again. By then I couldn't shift out of 1st at all. Drove it @ 4000 RPM all the way through the town to a Ford dealership.
Guys, there it sits, no one can figure out what the problem is, so today they are pulling the tranny and then will gut it I suppose to see what is wrong. They said it will take at least a week maybe 2 since no one in the mountains has parts etc for a T45! :xpl::bs:
Anyone looking to buy a 98 BAB Cobra?:fm:

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I bet you killed your clutch. Pull the inspection cover and look. I bet you'll see fibers and powder.

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
You tried to run it in an autocross event after the day before it was already giving you problems? I don't get it. Any how its probably just the clutch.

Atlantic Blue

Established Member
The dealership checked the clutch and TB and they were in good condition. I just replaced the clutch last August and the car had only 438 miles on it since then. Same with the tranny, it was also rebuilt then.
I will be calling the shop about 1 pm mountain time today to see if there is any findings since they pulled the tranny yesterday.
Man, this is killing me, my baby being 170 miles away in the hospital, and at that it is in a DODGE garage! This really sucks the big one!

Atlantic Blue

Established Member
I was there. Somehow I missed all this.. Hope it works out for you. How far away are you?

It all happened at the high school in Oak Creek when I went to get back on the highway! I didn't try to race it at the autocross event, hell I couldn't even get it out of 1st gear.

I live near the turnpike and Pecos.
Were are you at?

I called the dealer yesterday and they had done nothing to the car so I am renting a car hauler here and driving up to the Boat and getting my car out of oblivion bringing her home to Finish Line Automotive, should have my baby back home in the early eve I hope!

did you autocross and get into the show-n-shine?

SpittingCobra

Established Member
Man I didn't do either was just a spectator. Barely got my junk put back together in time just to get it there. I'm in Fort Collins.

Atlantic Blue

Established Member
Man I didn't do either was just a spectator. Barely got my junk put back together in time just to get it there. I'm in Fort Collins.

Do you know the guys that are in the "Northern Colorado Mustang Club" there in Ft. Collins? I am good friends with that crazed bunch of Stanger's!

What was wrong with your ride? Too bad you weren't in on the festivity's even if I wasn't able to myself. There was allot of freaking hot Mustangs at the show!

kikz97cobra

Established Member
that same thing happned to me

it also happned to me . but my clutch pedal became all loose and i couldnt get outta gear i tried adjusting and nothing happned. i ended up going home from the track in just third gear it was my clutch i blew it up with just 6 months of using it so i betting its your clutch hopefully it its cheaper than a tranny that is! i learned from buying cheap ram clutches now i stick to mcleod!

Atlantic Blue

Established Member
I met the tall guy Jim. I'm pretty sure he's the only one I've me so far. Are you on Coloradostangs?

Yes, I am on that forum. My name there is blue asp!
Yea, Jim is a great guy, really knows his Stangs! Sometimes he seems to be pissed off but I think that is just his demeanor!

Do you know about the car show that club is putting on in Loveland on the 6th of July? If your interested here's a link for ya! Love to have you come out for it and meet you and other Mustang lovers!
www.allamericancarshow.com/‎

Atlantic Blue

Established Member
it also happned to me . but my clutch pedal became all loose and i couldnt get outta gear i tried adjusting and nothing happned. i ended up going home from the track in just third gear it was my clutch i blew it up with just 6 months of using it so i betting its your clutch hopefully it its cheaper than a tranny that is! i learned from buying cheap ram clutches now i stick to mcleod!

Oh hell no! Not another one! I also have a damn Ram clutch in there, just installed less that 400 miles ago. :mj:
Man I hope that is all it is! When I took the clutch to the shop that did the tranny and clutch the mamager told me that RAM clutches are NOT the best choice for our cars! Holy dog do, now I am waiting for the shop to get to my car.
I just trailered it back to Denver yesterday because no one was working on it at the other place. Cost me like 450.00 bills to rent a truck, and car trailer, :fm:not the dolly one, those will f- your car up bad if one little thing isn't right.

Users who are viewing this thread