Bad night for the Cobra

res0n0xg

Established Member
***UPDATE****
#2 spark plug blew out of the head destroying the cop along with it. ****, mother****ing heads on these cars....

i decided to get new threads put in, had replacement cop put on and all new plugs.

just can't see dropping 2k on the new heads + the labor that goes along with putting them in

Anyway, a nice man in an 05-07 Vette decides to race me and I smoke him.... great short story right? My gas pedal somehow pops off in the process (awesome) no big deal, just pull over at a gast station and pop it back on.

I go to fire up the Cobra, and notice it sounds a little different, rev it a little bit, I hear some light clicking/clanging noises from the motor and it sounds like i have a header leak maybe?

The car does idle slightly harder now, giving it a little gas at low rpm you can feel the burble/rumble on the floorboard now. The revs don't seem to be falling off at all on idle, just a hardle idle, the car shakes a bit now.

Anyone just randomly have a header leak appear? It was a single roll race with the corvette, then I pull over, no other real hard driving other than that.

Last edited:

res0n0xg

Established Member
I'm thinking that's possible honestly.... hard to say exactly, the few odd noises kind of worries me, but they aren't always there at idle.

It does pop slightly here and there now, and that's coming from right under the motor, so that's my guess.

Any easy way to tell?

96lowbra

SN8KE B.I.T.3
Established Member
the same thing happend to me but when i took the car to performance
dyno it came to be a head gasket,valves had total cost of 3,570.97 to fix
I now right" still remember the exact total cost alot of money whent away

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Pull your plugs. Inspect Them for detonation. Very sorry to hear. Hoping it's nothing major.

CobraTerritory

Merica
Established Member
check for something small like the injector wires. one of mine came loose recently and made the car idle a little rougher/ the car shook as if i had cams when i dont. The car also ran like crap. good luck.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Almost sounds like a plug.As mentioned,check plugs/cop`s and injectors/injector plugs.
EDIT:Might check for a vac leak also.

Last edited:

res0n0xg

Established Member
I'm going to take it to HPP in Lewisville probably tomorrow when I have a day off from work, I'll keep you guys updated and hope it's nothing major.

The car does have new plugs, that are less than a year old though.

Also, it's throwing no codes at all, isn't that odd, if a plug/cop/injector, etc. went bad, came loose, shouldn't it throw some code?

res0n0xg

Established Member
Yes, gotta love what a lower can do..... Anyway, I'll probably give an update Friday/Saturday.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
I'm going to take it to HPP in Lewisville probably tomorrow when I have a day off from work,

I would just check the plugs first

You may have spit one out and that will be immediately apparent when you pull the coil covers & coils

res0n0xg

Established Member
I didn't see anything out of the oridinary on the pulley when the car was running, no wobble or anything.

In terms of checking the cop's/plugs, what would be a good indicator that I have a problem?

Obviously if a plug is destroyed that's a problem, but I really wouldn't know what to look for otherwise.

res0n0xg

Established Member
i spit a plug, stripped the threads too and destroyed a ****ing coil pack. **** our crappy head design

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Sorry to hear that, but it's good you're back on the road now.
The Terminator gets up and keeps on goin strong!

You had all the symptoms and it's an '03 so I figured it blew one.

exdeath

Established Member
Suddenly have more vibrations and noises in the floor board and a possible header leak...

Might be time for new motor mounts.

Users who are viewing this thread