Bad fuel injectors from poor packaging?

stevo2jz

Established Member
Hey guys I really need some of you opinions. Just sold my stock 390cc injectors off my 03 cobra(58,000 miles) to a guy on ebay. They worked perfectly and were only taken off for the 60lb injectors for my tvs 2.3.After he got them he sent me this:
"those injectors are no good you cost me over 500 dollars in labor and dyno time man that was wrong as hell to sell me bad stuff"

I asked him if they were wired up correctly and what vehicle they were installed on and he sent me this:
"they went straight into my mustang at a reliable performance shop and the car went straight on the dyno car was skipping so he removed injectors and put them on a machine to test and clean them but 3 injectors were not spraying they are streaming and not pulsing correctly. .plus my wife is a police officer and I am a nc inspector so trust me I'm not playing games ..you sent the injectors unprotected so they probably got screwed up in shipping"

Now I packed the injectors the same way i got the 60lb injectors. all were in a ziplock bag and placed in a small usps priority box with paper on the side to keep them from sliding around in the box. My question is do you think this packaging would cause injectors not to pulse or stream? Thanks

Tractionless1

Established Member
"My wife is a police officer and I'm a St. inspector", blahahaha so what!! I love when LEO throw their weight around, they bleed red too just as my jackass DEA agent former neighbor found out. Typical LEO egomaniac acting like he's a saint and can do no wrong.

Make him give you a report of the 8 injectors with the shop name and address, his name and address, as well as receipts for the testing and dyno tuning. I got money on he needed bigger injectors and now has buyers remorse. That tactic should sending him running with his tail between his legs.

Last edited:

stevo2jz

Established Member
^^thanks just messaged him asking for all that. This is the first time I have ever had this happen and I've sold alot of parts including injectors on ebay.

03SonicVert

Ford Junkie since 1996
Established Member
What's the buyers feedback look like? How long has he been a member? Check out his other purchases under his feedback to see if he buys nice stuff or junk.....

If he has a ton of feedback and has been on the bay for years then I would trust more of what he is saying. If a noob and feedback shows low dollar junk, products from pep boys/j c Whitney style then no dice.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Call a reputable vendor who specializes in servicing and calibrating fuel injectors and gets his opinion. Get that collaborated by someone else.

The buyer also needs to consider he's buying used fuel injectors which carries some risk. They should have been thoroughly checkout before he installed them in a car not after :dw:

KonaFifty

Established Member
hey, how do you check to see if injectors are functioning properly? stumbled across this and just wanted to know. bought some used injectors from the market place and it came in a small box, but none of the injectors were protected at all, the box was big enough for them to roll around in and maybe damage. nothing was damaged externally though.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
hey, how do you check to see if injectors are functioning properly? stumbled across this and just wanted to know. bought some used injectors from the market place and it came in a small box, but none of the injectors were protected at all, the box was big enough for them to roll around in and maybe damage. nothing was damaged externally though.

youd have to have them flow tested

stevo2jz

Established Member
The guy had like 15 100% feedbacks. He wrote me back:
"not a problem I'm reboxing injectors tomorrow and filing with pay pal and ebay tomorrow to get my money back"

Whatever I just don't trust people anymore especially when he tells me he gave them to someone else to put one ran them and had problems on the dyno. I'm thinking they might have had the duty cycle to high and burned them up but then again I've never seen that happen either, but I make sure my duty cycle never goes past 80% in any of my cars. I work on f15 jet engines for a living and I see it a lot where guys break shit and don't want to take the blame.

Last edited:

Tractionless1

Established Member
The guy had like 15 100% feedbacks. He wrote me back:
"not a problem I'm reboxing injectors tomorrow and filing with pay pal and ebay tomorrow to get my money back"
Whatever I just don't trust people anymore especially when he tells me he gave them to someone else to put one ran them and had problems on the dyno. I'm thinking they might have had the duty cycle to high and burned them up but then again I've never seen that happen either, but I make sure my duty cycle never goes past 80% in any of my cars. I also work on f15 jet engines for a living and I see it a lot where guys break shit and don't want to take the blame.

So he went from being a state inspector to being an F15 aircraft mechanic huh? :loser:

Blueline

Established Member
Update- I won all paypal claims and he never gave me any reports saying they were bad.

Congrats!! Just for my own knowledge how were you able to prove or substantiate that they worked when you sold them. That's great, I bet the guy just needed bigger injectors and just wanted a refund. PM me if you want, Im really just curious. Thanks!!!

masterjr33

Established Member
The buyer also needs to consider he's buying used fuel injectors which carries some risk. They should have been thoroughly checkout before he installed them in a car not after :dw:

this 100X this

witchunter.com tests 10$ each.

used is used I am glad pay pal stood behind you.
they screwed me on some wheels i sold a guy. they were used wheels.
he got them and decided he wanted new.
after i said im sorry they were listed used and are what was pictured he filled a claim that they were broken and bent. hell not.
pay pal tried to take my money back so i closed my bank accounts attached and walked away.

stevo2jz

Established Member
this 100X this

witchunter.com tests 10$ each.

used is used I am glad pay pal stood behind you.
they screwed me on some wheels i sold a guy. they were used wheels.
he got them and decided he wanted new.
after i said im sorry they were listed used and are what was pictured he filled a claim that they were broken and bent. hell not.
pay pal tried to take my money back so i closed my bank accounts attached and walked away.

Damn people are shady. I wish I would have saved exactly what I wrote paypal because it was legit. I included a source with my statement which was (Fuel Injectors: Increase The Power of Your Ride) IIRC. "Some engine tuners will tell you that if your car has a duty cycle of 80%, you have a possible gain of 20%. However, the injector is an electronic solenoid and cannot be held open for too long or it will overheat and fail". I told them to look at the messages he first sent me or I could provide them stating that he gave the injectors to a third party to install and they were tuning his car on the dyno and all the sudden it started sputtering. Then they checked them and most if not all were just pouring(stuck open). That was the red flag for me and I know its possible to fry injectors if a high duty cycle is used. :coolman:

oldmodman

Established Member
When I sold my stock injectors the car was running just fine so all I did was clean them and put each one in a plastic bag and wrap each injector individually with bubble wrap. Then wrapped all of them together in bubble wrap and box them up.
Never heard from the buyer so everything must have gone OK.

Users who are viewing this thread