Bad Day! May need help!

SnakeinMD

New Cobra hopefully soon!
Established Member
Hey Guys!

Today I was driving home and I was coming down Rossville Blvd in Perry Hall and I was leaving from a light and went to shift from 1st to second and all of a sudden the clutch pedal went straight to the floor while in mid shift. Well! I then smelt the great smell of burning clutch. BAD!

I just got the car home a few minutes ago and I don't have a garage so I will have to wait until tomorrow to get her up on stands and check an see what the damage is. I think the clutch is gone. I know I defenitly snapped the cable because it is just kind of flopping there. So I have to evaluate and then when I find the problem wait until Monday to get whatever parts I need. Grrr... I am soo pissed, it has been such a long week and this just ends the rest of the bullshit!

Does anyone here happen to have an extra new clutch laying around that they would like to sell. I defenitly don't want a stocker. If anyone has a new one or maybe a slightly used one let me know. I would like to come check it out.

Well, nothing I can do tonight. If anyone has any info or maybe anyone who wants to come bullshit while I work on this damn thing tomorrow IM me or give me a ring on the cell phone! Have fun guys!!!

Joe

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Give Dolemite a PM.....Sorry to hear of the problems Joe. With it just going to the floor like that, hoping it's just the cable and not the clutch itself. Keep us posted.

TRBO VNM

I have my stocker. I know you don't want it, but the clutch, flywheel and pp are sitting and not being used. you can have it.

SnakeinMD

Established Member
Thanks Jason, I will let you know soon. After I get her up today and see what is going on. I appreciate it buddy!

undrpresr

Established Member
Before ya start buying new parts, I suggest you get under it and check out that fork and throw out bearing collar on the transmission. I am currently in the process of doing a flywheel, clutch, and transmission overhaul due to a throw out bearing collar breaking off the transmission. Get down there and take off the fork cover and inspect it to make sure. :thumbsup:

Dolemite

Established Member
I have a RAM OEM cltuch replacement kit. You can have it for cheap if you want it, it's still in the box, I never opened it.

SnakeinMD

Established Member
Alright everyone!

Just pulled the inspection cover and not a good sight! OUt came CHUNKS of flywheel debris. It is destroyed!

I am going to Jason's (WUTWINE) house right now to pick up the flywheel and then when I get back I am going to order a new clutch and Throwout bearing and have it overnighted. Grrr... I cannot beleive that!

I think I am going to go with the Centerforce DF. Any other suggestions. I will pretty much be using the vehicle for drag racing.

Thanks for all you help guys and Jason! you are a lifesaver!!!!

Joe

SnakeinMD

Established Member
OK, just got back from Jason's! Thanks man! I really appreciate it a lot!

I also ended up buying his old stock halfshafts off him. LOL. So I will be putting them in when I do the clutch also! :) Didn't turn out too bad at all. Well worth the trip down.

RedVenom96

Banned
sorry to hear about the problems joe. wish i could have helped, but i had guard all weekend. glad you got it fixed. give me a call next time you hit the track, i'm itchin to make my first trip.

TRBO VNM

SnakeinMD said:
OK, just got back from Jason's! Thanks man! I really appreciate it a lot!

I also ended up buying his old stock halfshafts off him. LOL. So I will be putting them in when I do the clutch also! :) Didn't turn out too bad at all. Well worth the trip down.

glad I could help out Joe. I still have a stock midpipe if you need it. :poke:

SnakeinMD

Established Member
Don't need stock Midpipe. I have the 3 inch Bassani Catted Mids. Thanks bro! But I do want those front A- Arms!!!

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
I have a slightly used Centerforce DF. Not sure if you have ordered yet. It has about 450 miles on it. It was never hurt. I just figured it would not hold close to 700 rwhp, so installed the Mcleod twin disc. No flywheel with it, just clutch and pressure plate.. I'll sell it cheap.

J.R.

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Luis, It's not a DFX. It's a DF. Dual Friction. Same as stock drivability, rated for around 500 rwhp. Let me know if you are still interested. I wish my Mcleod had as good driving character as the DF. It's light as a feather, but holds well.

SnakeinMD

Established Member
Yes, the flywheel will work. Same size and bolt pattern in the 03's and 01's. 03's flywheel is aluminum where the 01's is steel (or Iron can't remember).

Plus I don't plan on having the T-3650 for long. I am going to start saving for a Tremec TKO 500. nice light, reliable strong five speed.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
SnakeinMD said:
Yes, the flywheel will work. Same size and bolt pattern in the 03's and 01's. 03's flywheel is aluminum where the 01's is steel (or Iron can't remember).

Plus I don't plan on having the T-3650 for long. I am going to start saving for a Tremec TKO 500. nice light, reliable strong five speed.

i was more questioing the splines... are the 3650's a 7 spline like the T56?

Users who are viewing this thread