Backup camera in Trunk Key Hole!

mr. b_98GT

Established Member
That looks cool, most cars nowadays come with em stock. Why not the cobra :)

If I was to guess, it is quite simply because most cars in 2003-2004 DIDN'T have back-up cameras back then. I have one on my car, but it was already installed on the car when I bought it. It is cool to have, but the OEM one on my wife's '13 Fusion is nicer (it should be since the technology has advanced with these little cameras through the years).

WheelStander

Ford Plastics Engineer
Established Member
uploadfromtaptalk1437594531178.jpg

masterjr33

Established Member
One of the reasons i dont own a newer mustang. Is lack of all this electronic crap.. Next see if you can add at least 14 buttons to the steering wheel.

Black2010

Established Member
I love how you guys are offended by someone putting a back-up camera in their car. The viewing angle of a camera far excess what we can see by turning our heads as it relates to the blind spots (especially in a vert with the top up).

For instance, try backing up your vert from a parking lot and see how far you have to get out from between the two vehicles next to you before you can see the cross traffic. Now take notice that the ass of your cobra is now far enough out to get hit. While a back-up camera may not be cool, that one time you see the car coming in it and it saves your ass end you'll change your mind.

I don't have one in my cobra but it sure comes in helpful on our 2010 that has the window louvers on it.

WheelStander

Ford Plastics Engineer
Established Member
3 foot kid from next store ran behind my car when I was backing in, back up camera prolly saved his life.

Saved me from backing into an open drawer in my garage too.

It's a nice safety feature. Comes on my head unit automatically when I go into reverse.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread