Backcountry Snowmobiling

blackedout06

Established Member
Hey everyone, so last weekend myself and six of my friends rented a log cabin up on Rangeley Lake in Rangeley, Maine for one last good ride before the season ended. They had just got over 2 feet of snow the day prior to us getting there and out in the backcountry there was over 50 inches of un touched snow! We spent most of the day digging each other out since we were all riding short track sleds, but that was all part of the fun i guess! I would have to say it was some of the best riding I have ever done in my life! I snapped a bunch of pictures and here is just a few of the good ones!
Enjoy:beer:
The cabin we rented

The crazy lines at the pumps

aaaah s**t dead end :bash:

My ugly mug up front trying to get around…sucks to be short lol

Rode some nice groomed trails as well!

Grabbing some water

Got the sled buried

Trying to get to my sled after getting it unstuck…the snow was above my waist and I couldn't feel the ground beneath me haha

….and my favorite picture of them all, the new toy!

Last edited:

sdoo500

Established Member
Did ~1500 miles this year mostly in Millinocket area. Definitely one of the better winters of the last few years.

blown87gt

Professionally charged GT
Established Member
I went to Michigan a few weeks ago and it was the same deal, 121 inch track wasn't even close to enough lol. Luckily my sled (2011 polaris pro r) is extremely light. I live in Minnesota and this winter has been the best for snow in a long time, unfortunately we also went through a span of 45 days in a row where it didn't get above 0 degrees. Many of them the highs were -15... Ick. So I didn't ride as much as I hoped.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That looked like a ton of fun. Yeah, that last photo is awesome! Really good looking snowmobile.

blackedout06

Established Member
Looks like a blast, unfortunately I wasn't able to make it out at all this year. :bash:
Oh man I would go crazy looking at my snowmobile all winter and not riding it!
Did ~1500 miles this year mostly in Millinocket area. Definitely one of the better winters of the last few years.
Nice, I'm jealous! I wish I was able to put that many miles on this year, but I'm hours away from good riding trails so it's a rarity when I get to go north.
I went to Michigan a few weeks ago and it was the same deal, 121 inch track wasn't even close to enough lol. Luckily my sled (2011 polaris pro r) is extremely light. I live in Minnesota and this winter has been the best for snow in a long time, unfortunately we also went through a span of 45 days in a row where it didn't get above 0 degrees. Many of them the highs were -15... Ick. So I didn't ride as much as I hoped.
Haha I got stuck over a dozen times that one day, but the deep snow was just to fresh to pass up haha and that weather is misserable haha I couldn't handle it always being that cold lol
Beautiful country, looks like fun.

The most fun you can have with your clothes on. nice pics

That does look like a blast - nice pictures
Thanks guys! I even surprised myself with how well some of the photos came out haha
That looked like a ton of fun. Yeah, that last photo is awesome! Really good looking snowmobile.
Thanks, this sled is a blast to ride and pulls like a train! I don't think I'll be letting go of this one any time soon haha

Last edited:

MTBSully

Established Member
Nice pics. My buddy went up there for the weekend and said it was nuts. I didnt go because I had a party to go to on sunday but its looking like I missed out

1016474_762264607118482_1939501182_n.jpg

blackedout06

Established Member
Nice pics. My buddy went up there for the weekend and said it was nuts. I didnt go because I had a party to go to on sunday but its looking like I missed out

1016474_762264607118482_1939501182_n.jpg
Oh man that's to bad, the snow up there was unreal! That picture looks awefully firmiliar to how our day went as well, everyone stuck! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread