Back to the track in my bolt on zr1. 10.0@140mph.

blk03stang

Established Member
UPDATE: Video of my fastest 9 second pass: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_9M_HfHbZM

I finally made it back to the track last night. My car is still just bolt ons and modified boost. I also am still running my 345/19" NT05R's. Here are the exact mods on my car:

-Attack blue airfilter inside stock air box
-Ported stock T/B
-Ported blower and snout
-Injectors
-Pulley
-LG longtube headers
-Cooling mods
-Tuned by Jeremy Formato on E85
-Driver mod

All work and tuning done by Fasterproms in Tampa Bay, FL.

2ptrxpu.jpg

2vuf24m.jpg

I ended up going 10.0 three times, all with 1.5 60' times. The car is running strong IMO for these mods! Going back tonight to an event at the track to see if I can do any better with this setup, before I get ready and go Heads/Cam!

-Matt :-D

Last edited:

jleews6

Established Member
Awesome times,Awesome car. ZR1 is still the king.

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
God I love ZR1's! 10.0s @140mph on a 19" drag radial cutting 1.5 60fts is bad ass, great work man. Hope you can get a 9 second slip tonight, good luck!

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Dayum!!! So close to your goal!

Car is hauling. Nice work.

blk03stang

Established Member
WOOOOOOOTTT!!!

I am jelly.

Thanks Kelly! I can't wait to see your new beast in action!

Awesome times,Awesome car. ZR1 is still the king.

Thanks!

Great times! What year is your ZR?

Thank you! 2009.

God I love ZR1's! 10.0s @140mph on a 19" drag radial cutting 1.5 60fts is bad ass, great work man. Hope you can get a 9 second slip tonight, good luck!

Thanks man! I was impressed myself with how hard I got the car to 60' on the 19's!

Dayum!!! So close to your goal!

Car is hauling. Nice work.

Great work, especially on the 19s, super impressive.

Thanks guys!!!!

TrackpackGT

Established Member
Amazing! I'm really trippin about how people cut these 60 foots with such lowered cars. Sweet ride that rolls out.

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
That is really quite impressive. I bet the drivability is perfect as well. Coming from a heads/cam corvette, if I was in your position, I would leave the car as is!

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Nice run!!! Great numbers for your mods! A used ZR1 with low miles is a better buy than a new Z06 IMO!!

19935.slow

Established Member
Thats down right nasty. And I would leave it alone. a 140 mph car with no idle surging, good brakes.... good combo. Not saying all HCI combos do either.

AWDLS2

Established Member
Why not just add a LPE snout, 102TB, and a Cai? I think you still got room with bolt ons to grow and who knows may get you where u want the car to be without having to do heads/cam

paintless302

Established Member
Nice run!!! Great numbers for your mods! A used ZR1 with low miles is a better buy than a new Z06 IMO!!

This.

Thats down right nasty. And I would leave it alone. a 140 mph car with no idle surging, good brakes.... good combo. Not saying all HCI combos do either.

And this.

Great times Matt, I'd be so pissed I couldn't crack a 9 LOL. ****n 10.03, COME ON!! :D

blk03stang

Established Member
Thanks everyone for the kind words! I am for sure doing Heads/Cam though. I've had my builder/tuner build me several other H/C vette's over the years and he never lets me down, driveability is always awesome with his setups. Plus really want the extra top end the H/C will give me. My buddy JUICED did get one video from last night but it was on one of my runs where I bogged and only went 10.2@139mph. I am going back tonight to see if I can do any better!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pog_5_1voE

Users who are viewing this thread