Back to the Future remake

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
sad thing about this is i actually got an email the other day from a reputable source about them remaking this movie. I hope they dont cause the originals are epic IMO.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
When GL put add ins to Star Wars I about lost it. Why don't we just touch up the Mona Lisa and other great works while we're at it?

Because Mona Lisa is not OUR work. It would be like DaVinci repainting her (or him) because he didnt like it 20yrs later, which hell, who knows if he didnt do just that, all we have is the end result. Its his painting, its his to redo as he sees fit, just like George Lucas did with his movies. He was unsatisfied with them and limited by the technology in his day, so in late 90's early 00's when CGI finally turned lifelike he went back and subtly added in some things to finish it off as how he wanted it to be back in '78 or whatever. Think that was also when he realized that 4-6 were Lukes story but he needed to elaborate on Vader/Anakins.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
As for BTTF id rather see a continuation than a remake, as IIRC if you follow the cars position in time theres an extra DeLorean out there. Im sure Shia Lebouff would be first in line to head up a new 3 part'er.......

Planter

Banned
I will steal a monkey from the zoo and have it throw its feces at the movie screen in the theater if they even attempt to remake it.

:lol::lol1::lol::lol1: oh ****, think i woke up the neighbors upstairs i was laughing so hard.

George Lucas always said that he wasn't entirely happy with the final editing of the originals and how technology restricted what he wanted to do. I for one am happy he was finally able to complete HIS masterpiece. The way the original 3 are NOW is how he intended them to be decades ago.

People just get caught up in nostalgia, and that's perfectly fine, but to say he ruined them by finally making them to his original specs is pretty ridiculous.

im ok if he wants to touch them up and release a special edition, but don't piss of the fans who want to see the originals as they remember, before Sgt Pepperbeard decided to **** with them.

To me there is nothing worse than sitting down to watch an old movie you remember back in the day, only to find out someone ****ed with scenes and added crap.

give me the ****ing unmolested originals in cleaned up high def so I can have MY CHOICE, and if people want to buy that garbage edited version, more power to 'em. Instead I'm stuck watching some grainy as **** anamorphic bs with dirt and scratches on the film that transferred over to the DVD, because someone's too dam cheap and lazy to just clean the originals up and make his fans happy. :nonono:

Because Mona Lisa is not OUR work. It would be like DaVinci repainting her (or him) because he didnt like it 20yrs later, which hell, who knows if he didnt do just that, all we have is the end result. Its his painting, its his to redo as he sees fit, just like George Lucas did with his movies. He was unsatisfied with them and limited by the technology in his day, so in late 90's early 00's when CGI finally turned lifelike he went back and subtly added in some things to finish it off as how he wanted it to be back in '78 or whatever. Think that was also when he realized that 4-6 were Lukes story but he needed to elaborate on Vader/Anakins.

now how would you feel, if say you bought your cobra brand new (sure you probably did), and 8 years later, Ford came in the middle of the night, took your car, and did what they call improvements to it, you get the car back, and you don't notice the changes at first, but as you drive, you're vaguely aware that something just isn't right but you can't quite put your finger on it.

then about 4 months later, you find out Ford ****ed with your suspension, took out your IRS and put a straight axle in, dropped the horsepower on your car but swapping out your blower for a weaker one, and took your aftermarket kick ass sounding exhaust off, and put on a 6 cat restrictive system to make it quieter, because they thought you'd prefer to have a quieter ride, but still have 75% of the performance you had before Ford ****ed with it. tell me you wouldn't be PISSED.

Users who are viewing this thread