Back to the Future remake

Vigilante

Established Member
I just finished watching the trilogy and love the series, i dont want to see them remake it, but lets say they did for the hell of it.

My question is, what would you do different? The same? Which car would you use? Would you still have it fly or no? Etc.

Personally, i would just fix the small inconsistencies and redo the third with a better story. Just seems to be thrown together and not thought out.

Planter

Banned
i hate remakes. why mess with a good thing?

I also can't help but notice (and puke) that George Lucas tampered with the original Back to the Future's, because the set I have on dvd is not as I remember the originals. He pulled this stunt with the original star wars and the bastard refuses to release the originals in Hi-Def format. cheap skate piece of shit. Instead we get to watch movies that have been altered and aren't the same as what we remember seeing.

Vigilante

Established Member
i hate remakes. why mess with a good thing?

I also can't help but notice (and puke) that George Lucas tampered with the original Back to the Future's, because the set I have on dvd is not as I remember the originals. He pulled this stunt with the original star wars and the bastard refuses to release the originals in Hi-Def format. cheap skate piece of shit. Instead we get to watch movies that have been altered and aren't the same as what we remember seeing.

I knew he did that to star wars and added alot of bs, but what did he change in BTTF? Jw

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I always felt like they could have done a 4th film with all the material that they could have thought up.

3rd film is a bit of a letdown IMO as the story does seem cobbled together.

Planter

Banned
Erm, George Lucas had nothing to do with BTTF.

my bad. Thought it was lucas because when I watched the set of BTTF trilogy I have, a bunch of scenes had been edited and changed and it reminded me of George Lucas tampering with Star Wars the way he did, and I assumed it was Lucas that had done BTTF as well.

I knew he did that to star wars and added alot of bs, but what did he change in BTTF? Jw

There's different scenes added in and edited, I'll have to dig my dvd's out of the box they're in and see if it's some sort of special edition or something, because the set I have is not as I remember the originals.

I just know there's things changed, because when I watch them, I'm thinking that wasn't in the original :dw: and it's nothing major, but still enough to drive you nuts.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
I would recommend that they do not remake it...I will steal a monkey from the zoo and have it throw its feces at the movie screen in the theater if they even attempt to remake it.

When GL put add ins to Star Wars I about lost it. Why don't we just touch up the Mona Lisa and other great works while we're at it?

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
my bad. Thought it was lucas because when I watched the set of BTTF trilogy I have, a bunch of scenes had been edited and changed and it reminded me of George Lucas tampering with Star Wars the way he did, and I assumed it was Lucas that had done BTTF as well.

There's different scenes added in and edited, I'll have to dig my dvd's out of the box they're in and see if it's some sort of special edition or something, because the set I have is not as I remember the originals.

I just know there's things changed, because when I watch them, I'm thinking that wasn't in the original :dw: and it's nothing major, but still enough to drive you nuts.

You know a lot of times they have that extra footage already in a copy of the movie. Ever watch a movie on regular tv (not HBO, etc) and notice the extra scenes in them? I've seen a couple of older movies where the editing and extra scenes made the direction of the movie and overall feel different. I've also seen a movie that made a helluva lot more sense lol.

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
I love the first two. if they were to do another film I'm really interested in what ideas they can come up with

mig4236

Established Member
You know a lot of times they have that extra footage already in a copy of the movie. Ever watch a movie on regular tv (not HBO, etc) and notice the extra scenes in them? I've seen a couple of older movies where the editing and extra scenes made the direction of the movie and overall feel different. I've also seen a movie that made a helluva lot more sense lol.

Yea noticed extra scenes on regular tv too.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member
George Lucas always said that he wasn't entirely happy with the final editing of the originals and how technology restricted what he wanted to do. I for one am happy he was finally able to complete HIS masterpiece. The way the original 3 are NOW is how he intended them to be decades ago.

People just get caught up in nostalgia, and that's perfectly fine, but to say he ruined them by finally making them to his original specs is pretty ridiculous.

4a7191a

Established Member
id say a 3d clean up digital version of them would be ok, but not a remake. the movies are pure classics and are still great to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread