Back seat?

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
I tried a search, but did not see the answer. Has anyone put a back seat in their 00R? Are the belt attachment point on the unibody? is the process fully reversible? I have 2 kids, be great to be able to bring both, I have 2 other two seat cars so I have learned the inconveniences of both kids wanting to go..... Yes I know it is a long shot question.

Thanks

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
HAHA, I was thinking the same thing. I was looking at making a removable bracket so I could mount one race seat in the center of the rear of the R for my son. I have decided to let my wife take her 03 and follow us if we really need to ALL go somewhere. Good luck.

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
HAHA, I was thinking the same thing. I was looking at making a removable bracket so I could mount one race seat in the center of the rear of the R for my son. I have decided to let my wife take her 03 and follow us if we really need to ALL go somewhere. Good luck.

No, no, no.... no adding seats.

Highest bidder gets the passenger seat. The looser stays home.

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
If I am not careful I will be at home and my wife and son will be in the 00R. haha

SpectorV

Established Member
I would be happy to not have a back seat... people just dont understand when I say no one rides in the back... they act all upset :(

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Geez, any of you have 2 kids? I am not looking to take the wife AND the kid, just the kids :) They are used to taking turns in another car I have, but sure is nice to take them both.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
All of the attachment points should be present for the belts. I would find a wrecked 99-04 and look closely at the back. You will need belts, bolts, a few little brackets and of course the seats.

If should be reversable and make the car more enjoyable with the kids.

Go for it!

Tom

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
Geez, any of you have 2 kids? I am not looking to take the wife AND the kid, just the kids :) They are used to taking turns in another car I have, but sure is nice to take them both.

I know exactly where you are coming from. When I had my street rods (32 Ford and 36 Chevy p/u) and both kids wanted to go it was a mess. Now one has moved out so it's no longer as bad.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Well they are 5 and 9 so be a bit before they are gone, hence the extra desire to attempt this.

Thanks tom, this is what I assumed, you really can not decontent beyond the body in white, and the attachment points would be there. I need to get a shop manual any way, but that should help to figure out the needs.

All of the attachment points should be present for the belts. I would find a wrecked 99-04 and look closely at the back. You will need belts, bolts, a few little brackets and of course the seats.

Tom

I know exactly where you are coming from. When I had my street rods (32 Ford and 36 Chevy p/u) and both kids wanted to go it was a mess. Now one has moved out so it's no longer as bad.

Users who are viewing this thread