Back in an SVT! - 14' GT500

verbal

Established Member
I never thought that my wife would have pushed me to buy a GT500 but I guess she was tired of me complaining about not having a toy and constantly searching online ads for the past few years. This morning as I was randomly searching local dealer inventory she told me out of nowhere to buy one.

After searching local inventory I found this nearby and decided to go look at it even though it was marked up $15K above msrp! I guess they were tired of sitting on it because they dropped it down to msrp within about two minutes of negotiating, lol.

It pretty much has everything I was looking for (Performance Package, Track Pack, Recaros) and the Deep Impact Blue with black stripes was one of my top color combos.

It is really awesome being back in an SVT product!

photo3-1.jpg

photo1-3.jpg

Husky44

Established Member
Congrats! Great to find the car you want without a major exercise. Even better when the wife TELLS you to buy it!

Took a pic of me leaving work yesterday, with the top down, and posted it on FB. My wife's comment: "worth every penny!" It's a joy to have a wife who gets it.

CONGRATS again... Go easy on the mods at first, even saintly wives have limits. :D

verbal

Established Member
Thanks everyone!

Congrats! Great to find the car you want without a major exercise. Even better when the wife TELLS you to buy it!

Took a pic of me leaving work yesterday, with the top down, and posted it on FB. My wife's comment: "worth every penny!" It's a joy to have a wife who gets it.

CONGRATS again... Go easy on the mods at first, even saintly wives have limits. :D

That is awesome. They are most likely just building up a case to justify their own spending however. At least that's how it is with my wife. :beer:

mwilson6192

Established Member
Congratulations! Very nice to have a wife's support. I had my wife's full support and I can tell you that makes things SO much easier when undertaking acquisition of a custom ordered GT500!! :)

IA Shelby

Established Member
Thanks everyone!

That is awesome. They are most likely just building up a case to justify their own spending however. At least that's how it is with my wife. :beer:

You are not alone on the "justification" strategy. Mine could write a book on it. She is in the grand master class! It's all good.

verbal

Established Member
My car was supposed to come with a cover which I thought was in the trunk when I left the dealership. I opened up the box yesterday and it was the front spoiler extension. Does anyone know how you receive this? Is it supposed to be in the car or does the dealer have to order it?

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
My car was supposed to come with a cover which I thought was in the trunk when I left the dealership. I opened up the box yesterday and it was the front spoiler extension. Does anyone know how you receive this? Is it supposed to be in the car or does the dealer have to order it?

The dealer was to be shipped it seperately. It's most likely sitting in their parts dept. they also should have put the lip on

VegasMichael

Established Member
Very sharp! I was looking at the pictures of the homes and yards and remarked that it looked similar to where I lived in Pennsylvania. Then I noticed you live in PA and chuckled. PA is a great state for muscle/classic cars. Lots of people into the hobby.

Users who are viewing this thread