Back in a Terminator

unforgiven

Humble
Established Member
2004 Metallic Silver Convertible.....41k bone stock down to the belt guard.

Looking for 450rwph, did some searching but would like to hear from the experienced members. Looking at TR-6, 2.80 upper, metco idler kit, dyno tune.

Suggestions needed, what size idlers and will stock fuel system support the above mods?

Thank you very much

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
Haha, exactly the same! What's your mileage?

But I've modded mine. I left the belt guard off when I installed a new FOMOCO blower belt. LOL.

But seriously, I did install Magnaflow catbacks in the garage so I could hear more than the blower.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
450 will be on the low side. 2.76 upper, plugs, all 4 pulleys including idler, intake and a tune from someone good. Fuel system should be fine.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
You'll exceed your 450hp. Get an intake on there and you'll hear the whine louder too. Open up the exhaust to let it get that air out easier. The more air out you get in the easier you'll get air into the engine. It is an air pump after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
Welcome!

You are on the right track, you might want to do some exhaust work too though. I think with the proposed mods you will make around what you are looking for.

speedoflife

Established Member
FWIW I have a 2.8 pulley (stock Eaton), intake, TR6, basic stuff and I needed a MAFia and a BAP. MAF counts and FPDC were way too high.
Your personal experience will vary.

NY03SonicConv.

Established Member
Just had mine tuned, made 444hp/ 498tq. I started bone stock in January. The mods are JLT cai, Bassani cated x-pipe, Bassani catback, Billetflow idlers(3/100,90), Billetflow 2.76 s/c pulley. I used NGK TR6IX plugs @32. There where no issues with the injectors or the maf. I bought an unmarried SCT handheld tuner from the market here and my tuner dynoed the car and loaded the tune into it. You should put an oil separater on yours, I used JLT's and mounted it on the firewall. I know your having fun driving your Cobra now, but those couple of changes are really going to wake it up!

Users who are viewing this thread