Back from the Dead build! TH400, Tans break, Nitrous and more!

stangbanger856

Established Member
So its been a very long time since I was actively on here and some may remember me some may not. With that being said lets take a look at what most of you remember I was diving around in.

68B60168-orig_zps1e12dbd1.jpg

pretty much a street/show car here. more focus on the looks and cruising it with the 6 speed. 18 inch Saleens with junk 275s all around did nothing for traction in half the gears in the trans, haha.

299DA62A-orig.jpg

and under the hood.

so in the fall of 2012 I ran my best of a 11.77 @122MPH on a 1.91 60 foot with the clutch slipped in every gear.
with that being said I had it taken to All Out Automotive in Glassburo NJ where I let Owner Kris tune and install a UPR K member along with front Eibach Drag springs.

52B0F9FD-orig_zps7c0eeae5.jpg

72796A6F-orig_zps10229933.jpg

after that the tune put down 453hp/415tq on pump gas

55E23589-orig_zpsb105280f.jpg

and 503hp/455tq on VP109 race gas.
6263D8C9-orig_zpsd1e4724b.jpg

the next fall I went back to the track to test the new setup and the clutch was done... grabbed 2nd and blew right threw it. That was the last time to the tack. the rest of 2013 I babied it and did a few car shows and then parked it.

that fall I got engaged to my fiancé and we bought our 1st house together this past January. things were looking good and work just got a new contract so I got a $2hr raise and all the OT I can ask for so money was looking good even with the new mortgage payment. The fiancé wanted another kitten for the house so jokingly I told her "if I let you get the cat what do I get?" the first thing out of her mouth was " you can do whatever you want to the car"...it was on from there!

I thought about it for a while (about 5 seconds) and started to pull the T56 out... it was time to go AUTO. Now I was thinking between 3 transmissions, 1 C4, 2 4R70, 3 TH400...After talking to Kris at All Out he convinced me to go with the TH400 and since I was buying everything new we also added the Trans Break option to it. what I got was a race built TH400 from Trans Specialties good for over 700HP and TS built 3500-3800 stall 9 1/2 inch converter. I need a few more parts to get it in so all hardware was brand new ARP bolts for the new JW flex plate and converter bolts.

833B8E23_zpscef06334.jpg

95C3748D_zpsf0047727.jpg

a Lokar locking dipstick was used and -6 line for the Flex a lite transcooler/fan combo. I hit the Mod Motor Mustangs Classifieds that I moderate and found a brand new SFI bell housing from JW and Hurst 1/4 stick shifter setup for a TH400 with RMVB.

B0EA56A3_zps0ffdf03f.jpg

While at the NMRA race at MIR a few months back I got to talking to Brian, a Vendor for Stifflers and he gave me a good deal on the TH400 cross member so mounting the trans no longer needed to me a custom job.

FD27FF00_zpsff886773.jpg

with all the parts in I needed to address the traction issues I was going to see. so I traded the Saleens for my old 03 cobra wheels with 315 DRs and figured they would work ok for now. well found a guy locally (3hrs away) that was selling a set of Billet Specialties Street Lites with tires and almost brand new 28x11.5x15 Hoosier QTPs. so I sold the 03 wheels and picked the Billets up.

E9A9F901_zps3a6e6b8d.jpg

Now with 15s all around I had to figure out what to do with the breaks...I could run spacers to clear the 13inch Cobra rotors or downgrade to the GT fronts. after some consideration the thought of spacers rubbed me the wrong way. so I removed the setup and sold them for $300. I looked around and found a "performance upgrade" kit from Rock Auto that included remanufactured 99-04 GT calipers powdercoated red, drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads. all new for $275 so I ended u getting all new breaks and $25 back. I dint want to reuse the old stock rubber lines so another call was made to Brian at Stifflers for there stainless braided lines that I had made green to match the car.

6B6E83A0_zpsbe3c8514.jpg

so with the new GT breaks on it was time to fit the wheels and see how they looked.

1847877D_zpse1a145b4.jpg

D67C5995_zps0e8c73b6.jpg

A8E980DB_zps159714e7.jpg

with that set it was time to start some work on the inside. 1st was to remove the center console, seats and carpet to mount the shifter and remove the clutch pedal that is only bolted on.

2EDC7304_zps1465db8b.jpg

EEE7C4F8_zps07fcde92.jpg

also while on the Mod Motor Mustangs Classified I found a parchment 03 center console and started to cut it up to fit. (more on my I did this later). the parchment isn't a perfect match but is close enough to the original tan color that when I go to dye it I wont need a ton of coats to do it.

FB743067_zps73e2c5e5.jpg

so the carpet and seats were bolted back in to see what it was going to look like...I love it!

B9BFA47A_zps93723e40.jpg

so with that done and the car down I decided to install my COP covers on the motor, after a good cleaning and a few good coats of wrinkle wall black this is what I got!

5F12115D_zps2d030c05.jpg

FB1BB61D_zpse5f4d4c9.jpg

the COP covers looked like crap and to make them fit with wires they would need to be moded. so after test fitting themw ith the wires on and marking where I want them to come out I trimed the lip of the covers and had a shop CNC the COP nubs off the inside to clear the wire boots. a quick blast in the cabnit along with some primer and Pacific green paint from a spray can this is what they came out like.

E07D13E6_zps3b25839e.jpg

now the upper intake was removed a few years back to mod it to fit the big Accufab single blade Tbody and I painted it semi gloss black back then, now it looked good for a few years the heat and time started to make the black peel off. so since I had it off I wanted to clean it u some more and the EGR mount on the side had a big block off plate bolted to it but made it look bad in my opinion so I took it to a friend down the road at Fusion Fab in Millville NJ (yes home of Mike Trout) and had him cut,grind and weld the intake to make it look like it was never there. I even had him grind the port off the onside of the intake that was no longer used.

48F06674_zpsecc7fd55.jpg

19992D45_zps63f0793a.jpg

after that I good blasting and I hit it with more wrinkle wall black paint and bolted it on. Now the stock hardware is ok but just so bland so off to the hardware store and found as many stainless hex head bolts that I could match up on the motor. its the small details that make the difference, I even polished the Tbody to a chrome finish.

B82573D1_zpsef848f45.jpg

DA4F6D90_zpse6dfb249.jpg

As you can see I removed the Vortech water tank that used to sit in the batteries old location, that's because my Buddy Jake is going I different route with his setup so he is selling his old Chiseled performance trunk mount water tank. so that is the next step is to get that installed along with the cold side and continue on from there.

as for the new center console that I mentioned earlier its so I can fit the custom shifter plate to make the shifter look factory. obviously this isn't my setup but just to give you an idea of what im doing. I will have 2 gauges on the old shifter location. 1 for trans temp and the other for nitrous bottle pressure.

14FC11E9_zps23f50e0f.jpg

more to come later today.

Last edited:

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Awesome build.

I think I'd have been inclined to run the spacer with the Cobra brakes, but everything else I completely love. Great work on the intake, too. I've wanted to remove the unused areas on mine for quite some time but just never gotten around to it.

In for updates on this one!

stangbanger856

Established Member
Go the nitrous selinoids mounted and main line run to the trunk. The hole left by the missing clutch cable made a perfect spot to run the line. I used a rubber grommet and cut an X in it and pushed it threw. Perfect!

Now has anyone tapped into the empty port on there fuel pressure regulator to feed the nitrous selinoid? I'll post pics soon.

stangbanger856

Established Member
Thanks man, I never stopped working on the car. Just busy on moderating a different page.

Also finished installing my UPR caster camber plates as well. Now in the winter I'll be ready for tubular A arms and coil overs to go with the UPR K member.

stangbanger856

Established Member
Ran out of boost a long time ago. Can't spin the little V1 S Trim anymore then I am. Plus the nitrous is going to be a small shot (35 on a plate kit). Not for the HP but for TQ off the line.

I help run Mod Motor Mustangs on Facebook along with a few other members on here.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I gotcha.. Damn man. Well when you were gone my T-trim sold and I got a JT-trim lol. Coulda swooped up on my blower lol.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Nice build. Plenty of people tap off of the fuel rail test port for their nitrous btw :beer:

stangbanger856

Established Member
Crazy at work lately with 16hr days. I'll give more of an update latter if I get a chance, but I talked to Badass03svt and I'm going to hook up the nitrous like he ran his. More info on that later, right now to get some sleep then back to work.

As far as the T trim goes the nitrous is more then likely temporary till the new motor is built. After that then the S trim goes up for sale and the new billet V7 YSI goes on. Priced it up and it's good to have good friends that are dealers for Vortech!

stangbanger856

Established Member
Water tank came in and go that installed and mounted the nitrous bottle. Will post pics later. Next step is running the water lines then wiring the pump up.

Stay tuned.

Users who are viewing this thread