Back from dealer. Drove the new gt.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
It was a base white gt with the track pack. $35k. The car looks smaller than I expected. The car is absolutely gorgeous. It felt slow but I'm used to my car. The deal didn't work out unfortunately but I will get one once rebates and discounts start.

bpmurr

Established Member
I drove a Performance Pack GT today and loved it. I was really worried after Motortrend's comparison against the 1LE. The car is so much more refined than any Mustang I've ever driven. Can't wait until mine comes in next month.

kingnut

Established Member
35k for a base with TP... yeah I will let the hype die down.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
It felt really solid. It's not very loud though. I don't know why Ford didn't open up the exhaust a bit. The car is just so beautiful. The stance is amazing for a stock car I really fell in love with the s550. The interior is also very beautiful. I can't wait to get one =/

jacker1991

Established Member
It felt really solid. It's not very loud though. I don't know why Ford didn't open up the exhaust a bit. The car is just so beautiful. The stance is amazing for a stock car I really fell in love with the s550. The interior is also very beautiful. I can't wait to get one =/

Some people think that Ford will "open up" the exhaust as soon as the new Camaro is released.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Well the dealer has been calling me and workibgba few numbers for longer term. I asked for more from my car and less from the New gt. Realistically what would be a reasonable figure to take off the 35,450 mark of the new car?

FIVEHOE

Established Member
Well the dealer has been calling me and workibgba few numbers for longer term. I asked for more from my car and less from the New gt. Realistically what would be a reasonable figure to take off the 35,450 mark of the new car?

you gotta remember that supply <<<< demand right now

I wouldn't expect dealers to negotiate heavily during the first few weeks of the new production. Wait until you start seeing them piling up at your dealership if you want a good deal. Pretty much the only people who are buying right now are the ones who are paying to be the first to have the car (IE dealer markup). Wait a few weeks and I bet you can find a base OTD for around 33-34k, right now prob 35-36k average i'd say

kanine

Established Member
$35K is pretty much the sticker price on my base 14 GT with the tech/sync and track package, so I don't think the price have increased that much, but with rebates and negotiating, I got it for under $30k. Definitely won't be much negotiating room with the 15s just coming out now, maybe in a few months, and probably won't qualify for any rebates till late next year probably.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Well it felt slow. Maybe after breaking in it will get a bit quicker. The shifter felt good but I feel that throws are longer. The car is gorgeous and I liked it a lot so I didn't really noticed the negatives. Right now I don't care if it's slower than my car or heavier. I rather have the new car. I'll wait it out Untill I get a smoking deal. One thing though. I will only get one with track pack.

Last edited:

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member

Work from invoice up, not MSRP down. I would find out what invoice pricing is on edmunds.com and offer $500 over invoice.

I got $4k~ off my base GT.

93SVTvenom

Established Member
Interesting stuff. I guess when we get back we should be able to get a really good deal ... Hopefully ... I am not too worried about what MT said. Randy liked a lot about the car and I am sure there are going to be some gripes but it is the first year. Glad you liked it enough to consider the trade-in ... from the looks of it you have a pretty nice mustang already and speaks volumes to me.

Deranged2013

Established Member
Manolith, I would return your car back to stock and sell that Paxton for a good down payment.

Got to say, I saw one in person yesterday and they do look much better in person. Beautiful car!

Last edited:

Husker

Established Member
I negotiated an LE for $750.00 under MSRP...Not much of a Discount, but, some Dealers have Jacked (ADM) way above MSRP for LE's...At the very least, you can get X-Price or close to Invoice (Up or Down) for all models except LE...Stand your ground.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Interesting stuff. I guess when we get back we should be able to get a really good deal ... Hopefully ... I am not too worried about what MT said. Randy liked a lot about the car and I am sure there are going to be some gripes but it is the first year. Glad you liked it enough to consider the trade-in ... from the looks of it you have a pretty nice mustang already and speaks volumes to me.

Yea don't listen to what the magazine's are saying about the new car. If you want to track it get dampers and saway bars for it. The car really is a stud and it has amazing potential. I fell in love with the front brakes. They are massive. I'm sure they will be capable of some good track duty.

olaosunt

Established Member
Yea don't listen to what the magazine's are saying about the new car. If you want to track it get dampers and sway bars for it. The car really is a stud and it has amazing potential. I fell in love with the front brakes. They are massive. I'm sure they will be capable of some good track duty.
I had my dealer order a Guard PP/premium/Recaros/MT but now having second thoughts.
I never considered black before but of all the PP cars I have seen to date black still looks best with the black wheels.
I really liked the stance of the PP compared to the non-pp.The taller tires close the fender gap on the back nicely and the offset is just right.The gap is still too big upfront and it looks like it would look nicer lowered a bit(The back is just right).It may be a waste swapping out the "special tuned" springs in the front but like the idea of the monotube rear shocks
I am never(well never say never but unlikely) going to "track" the car on a road course(heck drag racing is expensive enough) so the big brakes are just going to add weight and may not allow skinnies.I will also probably do a whipple(considering twins when available ) so the strut brace will be gone.
It looks like the Premium probably adds another 200 lb. over the base GT
I f I get the base I like the 18 black foundry wheels. and I could use them for winter wheels.
I have a spare set of 19 inch SVT wheels with Mickey thompsons on the back just not sure if they will fit.
decisions,decisions.
image_zps5f32fa72.jpg

image_zpsd0e531fc.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread