Back for more tire help for my 15/10.5 racestars. I need wider

Quad4_72

Established Member
So I have been running the Nitto 555r 275s/60 on my wheels and I still want something wider. Before I buy wider, I want to make sure that they won't rub. I took a measurement of the wheel gap and it is about 1.5 inches from the tire to the top of the outside fender well. Will this be enough clearance for me? There is also about 1 more inch to go between the outer edge of the wheel horizontally and the top of the fender well. I also don't want a straight up drag slick as this is a daily driver. Any suggestions? Here is a pic of the current setup:
IMG_3760_zpswwefxlhx.jpg

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
You probably just need a better tire... A MT or M&H in the same size, or MT has a 295/55/15 that looks really good on a 10" rim.
I think a 325/50/15 555r would look really huge on the back. Too big for my taste...

Quad4_72

Established Member
You probably just need a better tire... A MT or M&H in the same size, or MT has a 295/55/15 that looks really good on a 10" rim.
I think a 325/50/15 555r would look really huge on the back. Too big for my taste...

Yes I was looking at those tires. I think I will probably go ahead and give those a try!

stang910

Established Member
I run a 295/55/15 hoosier and I had to cut the bump stop bracket off the frame rail because it rubbed and the wheel well lip will rub a little sometimes. I'm lowered on BMR drag springs though.

Quad4_72

Established Member
I run a 295/55/15 hoosier and I had to cut the bump stop bracket off the frame rail because it rubbed and the wheel well lip will rub a little sometimes. I'm lowered on BMR drag springs though.
How much lower are those drag springs compared to mine?

stang910

Established Member
How much lower are those drag springs compared to mine?

Looking at your pic mine sits very similar to yours. I wouldn't be scared to run the tire I have cause the rubbing isn't digging into the tire, but on the wheel opening side I can see a very faint line on the tire that tells me it rubs and the bump stop brackets had the dirt rubbed off is how I know it rubbed them.

Quad4_72

Established Member
So I ran into a guy last night with the exact same rims and he is also lowered 1.5 inches like me. He is running 325/50/15 Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial IIs. He said he has zero clearance issues. Think I found my new tire! He also has over 10k on them and there is still tread left and he runs them pretty hard.

325 2.jpg325 3.jpg325.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread