Baby seat install

SilverNotch

Established Member
I have an 01 Cobra and I recently found out that 03/04 mustangs have those lower tether hooks for child safety seats. I'm wondering how they attach? Are they a bracket that attaches to the seat or the body. I'm just looking for some pics because if possible I'd like to retrofit these onto my cobra to make it easier to install my 1 year olds car seat w/o using the seat belt. Any help will be helpful I don't have a lot of extra time to check out cars in the junk-yard at the moment.

mrose75

Established Member
It should be more than just 03-04 Cobras. It's law, so all cars after September 2002 should have them. LATCH.

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
The child seat has hooks that latch into the lower anchor points in the car. You use the baby car seats hooks instead of the car's seat belts. The new baby car seats in conjunction with lower anchors makes it easy to install and remove car seats (you don't have to thread a seat belt through the baby car seat).

The anchors are welded into the car. I don't think this is something that can be transferred. The anchors are somewhat hidden between the seat cushions of the back seat.

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
might be interesting to look for the rear seat delete images. It may be a bar that is removed. If someone has a step by step procedure with images - it may verify what you are needing to know.

ctgreddy

Established Member
might be interesting to look for the rear seat delete images. It may be a bar that is removed. If someone has a step by step procedure with images - it may verify what you are needing to know.

Now that you say that I think you're correct. When I bought my 03 the last owner had everything taken out of the back(panels, seats, belts, etc). I'm almost certain when putting it back together there was a bar that I didn't remember seeing in my 00 gt that bolted in.

Last edited:

hotcobra03

Established Member
I took a look at mine..

Looks like part of the shell..so I to would say its welded from under car..

SilverNotch

Established Member
I've looked at rear seat deletes and non of them show the lower anchors so I'm thinking it's bolted to the seat or a bar please confirm someone. The rear seat is so easy to remove to verify.

ctgreddy

Established Member
I've looked at rear seat deletes and non of them show the lower anchors so I'm thinking it's bolted to the seat or a bar please confirm someone. The rear seat is so easy to remove to verify.

my cars 100 miles away from me so I cant, and I dont think we have any 03/04 cars at my work right now or I woulda checked for you already.

hotcobra03

Established Member

I was going to post pic but there isnt much to see..

Just the hook....its just a 1/4 inch round bar bent in a u..

If you fold seat down..

You will see seat frame..2 inchs below frame they go. Into shell.

You would have to go under car to even see if welded or bolted..

03' White Snake

Established Member
Last edited:

hotcobra03

Established Member
Here is piece coming thru seat..it is under that bracket you linked..that bracket is flexable..

IMG_9391.jpg

hotcobra03

Established Member
Does it use it's own hardware or seat hardware?

It looks like into shell of car..I can take a pic later but as I stated before not much to see..unless seat was removed..

If I fold down seat I see brace as linked..if that was off its a clear view of those pieces

Users who are viewing this thread