B heads or C heads?

CobraKid98

Established Member
Oh I know who you were implying. Wish i was his neighbor so I could just have all these curious questions of mine answered in total detail while out washing my car out front haha. But yeah i know i could get that with b heads. Its just a big reason is cause i may not go turbo for quite some time so the power while NA would be much appreciated. And maybe that car has b heads cause theyre better with huge ports or whatever they got for his 2000hp flow needs? haha

CobraKid98

Established Member
Also now ive been thinking of intakes and it seems the mach intakes are a bit better? How much if at all? And anyone know what the difference is?

slow2v

GONE
Established Member
Oh I know who you were implying. Wish i was his neighbor so I could just have all these curious questions of mine answered in total detail while out washing my car out front haha. But yeah i know i could get that with b heads. Its just a big reason is cause i may not go turbo for quite some time so the power while NA would be much appreciated. And maybe that car has b heads cause theyre better with huge ports or whatever they got for his 2000hp flow needs? haha

pretty sure its closer to 3000 lol

slow2v

GONE
Established Member
Also now ive been thinking of intakes and it seems the mach intakes are a bit better? How much if at all? And anyone know what the difference is?

dont quote me on this....again, been out of the NA games for years....but, i THINK 01 cobra intake with 05 aviator heads and sn95 cams is the best BUDGET combo

CobraKid98

Established Member
Haha 2000, 3000, either way a couple more than im planning. And it may be the best if i could find all that for a good price haha. Havent really seen aviator heads up for sale. Maybe from a junkyard if i got lucky, but doubt it. And these intakes are fairly cheap used on here so id rather get the one that gets better results.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
but again, if you are just doing a built bottom end and turbo kit to hit 600 and dont care about anything else stock B heads are fine. if the power adder will support it, so will the heads

the worlds quickest mod motor has B heads and ran a 6.0x @ 23x

The worlds quicked mod motor has GT heads and has had them for a few years now. Also, the B heads it had were so heavily worked that they didn't resemble a B head. With that, what works for a 2500hp combo doesn't mean it will work for a street driven car making 80% less power.

When are you guys going to understand that bigger ports are not better?

Last edited:

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
The worlds quicked mod motor has GT heads and has had them for a few years now. Also, the B heads it had were so heavily worked that they didn't resemble a B head. With that, what works for a 2500hp combo doesn't mean it will work for a street driven car making 80% less power.

lol poor Todd.

Svt Fox

Established Member

You must shake your head out of frustration, everyday!

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member

That's great info and has been posted many times, but it provide no real world results. Speaking of real world results, below is a comparison of two stock longblock engines with the 96-98 cobra intake cams. The B headed engine has a short runner while the C headed engine has a stock length ported intake. Both combos have similar mods. Tell me which one has the better powerband? More power n/a means more power with boost.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

CobraKid98

Established Member
Thats a nice comparison. C heads it is haha. Also i noticed you said 96-98 intake cams. Are the exhaust cams not the best? What do you suppose would be better?

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Thats a nice comparison. C heads it is haha. Also i noticed you said 96-98 intake cams. Are the exhaust cams not the best? What do you suppose would be better?

All the exh cams are the same (marauder, mach 1, all Cobras, aviators and navigators, mark 8s and early GT500s).

slow2v

GONE
Established Member
Jon M. Doesn't have b heads? And im well aware of the bigger Ports and what works for 2500 hp doesnt always for 500. I was making a very simple point that if all he wants is 600rw his heads will get him there with the proper power adder

CobraKid98

Established Member
Oh ok get it now. Thanks. And im just looking to improve the performance of my car. Na and or FI. Money is always a concern but I think the c head swap is worth it now and within my budget. Thank you all for providing your input. Now I just need a parts list of what i need for it haha. Just confuses me a bit. Do
i need cops?

CJK440

Established Member
Now I just need a parts list of what i need for it haha. Just confuses me a bit. Do
i need cops?

C heads and C intake, coolan crossover, throttle and cruise cables, minor harness adjustments. You can modify your B fuel rail to work on the C intake pretty easily. I reused my B valve covers and am using coil packs and plug wires. You have to route the wires carefully near the throttle arm and its tough to use the pass side breather port but its doable.

Users who are viewing this thread