Axle bearings question

hotcobra03

Established Member
bearing

50 still isn't too bad I guess. No I'm still not entirely sure that's the problem but nobody will know for sure until it's torn apart to see. I'm trying to avoid letting these shops try and screw me...

my cobra is over driven,,i have done both bearings at around 100k than this 1 recently 270k...i dont recall grinding with any of them,,i felt a rumble/viberation and than this last 1 car would wander all over the road,,

there are some things you can do for testing...go for a ride and find out what triggers the noise...bumps,braking,turning,...

like if noise happens during braking,,try pulling up on parking brake to put a little drag on pads and see if noise changes..

if while turning,,,try to do a full side of road to side of road swerve,,,this will put alot of pressure on bearings,,listen for noise

if when hitting bump,, jack car up and bang around by hand and look and listen for rattles,,,wiggle things for looseness,,

you say car is lowered...wheel rub,,missing insulators,shocks,,things like that..

32V10TH

Stroked
Established Member
Sweet good to know. I have to figure this out, I can only hear it while cursing at say 30mph when I let off the throttle. It's a a noise similar to when brakes are worn out but my pads are brand new, less then 200 miles on them. I do hear a slight rattle as well like someone banging around a little. I gotta really dig and figure this out soon. Thanks for the help

hotcobra03

Established Member
bearing

Sweet good to know. I have to figure this out, I can only hear it while cursing at say 30mph when I let off the throttle. It's a a noise similar to when brakes are worn out but my pads are brand new, less then 200 miles on them. I do hear a slight rattle as well like someone banging around a little. I gotta really dig and figure this out soon. Thanks for the help

good place to start..might think about posting in tech section also...

get a manual,,,many links on this site for that...sections of it can also be posted for you

Users who are viewing this thread