Axle Back

grnenvy

Established Member
There has been a lot of talk about Axle Backs lately and it seems know one is happy. I really liked my GT500s but after 2 years it seems like they have burned out because they are loud as hell.
I still have my factory mufflers also but the tips are so ugly and there to quiet.
Has anyone tried the BBK Varitune? They look pretty cool and if u can quiet the car up and down that would be pretty cool.

RUQWKNF

KEEPER OF MANY SECRETS
Established Member
I have not read of any results / reports on here yet about the BBK Varitune AB. Honestly, it could be because they are so new, no one has bit the bullet yet. Either that, or owners are not on the net to give feed back. It seems a lot of people who had GT500 mufflers, eventually go with Borla from what I have read. Some like loud, other like mellow. I know my next purchase will be GT500's. Why not go with cat deletes and a tune and put your stock mufflers back on?

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
I did a quick search and there has only been a handful of threads on the BBK. Looks like no one has posted their review on it yet. IMO, unless there is a dramatic change in volume levels between the three settings I would just stick with "normal" axle backs. Go with Borla S, its like the GT500 muffles but on steriods, benches 500lbs and 3% body fat!

coyotefiveoh

Established Member
I love my borla ATAK Axleback, sounds knarly... although the rest of my exhaust is stock, and it is fairly loud, especially at WOT! :) I love it though.

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
The factory tips are ugly? Mine are polished (didn't take long by me) and they have rolled tips. There not the size of sewer piping that some prefer but they look nice on my car. The cans polished up nicely too, just took a while. I love the sound with just cat deletes. They make some noise, but not too much. You will never be mistaken for a 20 y/o with them. Haha

Nick, if you would just add some Dynomax "Bullet" mufflers in place of the factory resonators or where they would be on a factory exhaust, it would allow you to run all kinds of axle backs as they would tame them all for you. Just my $.02.

Last edited:

grnenvy

Established Member
I have a set of Kooks shorties, JBA H pipe, 2-3/4 over axle pipes and GT 500 mufflers.
I tired my factory mufflers they sound like shit.
Hmm my shit is loud!! It must just be that I'm making ALOT more pwr then u guys. :)

The sound packing must be all gone in mine.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread