Avoid user: fak3r (lying thief)

Status
Not open for further replies.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
Here is the original FS ad:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...of-Power-Angriest-Fully-Built-Vert-Terminator

In it he described the car as:

"I have added/changed a number of things on the car to make it even more perfect."

"looks like a legit 10k mile car"

What is an almost perfect, $27,000 "looks like a 10k mile car" get you?

Well, for the lying seller, it gets you:

1) Blown alternator that wont charge
2) Busted cooling fan
3) air/fuel gauge that doesnt work
4) aeroforce interceptor that doesnt work
5) passenger window that wont roll all the way up
6) loud clunk in the steering then turning
7) tore up belt that is missing chunks out of it
8) spider cracks in the paint
9) scuff/scratch marks (severe imo) on the bumper
10) COBRA bumper inserts tore up
11) "Flat black cobra emblems" (as per the ad) that are tore up crap
12) Wrong washer on an important idler pulley
13) every freaking bolt was put on with an impact. Shouldnt have to use a cheater bar on every bolt.
14) saleen wing was put on crooked
15) gum or some other substance holding up the driver mirror
16) headlight seal coming apart
17) ignition key trim missing
18) cracked windshield cowl

The current owner, Bert (bigalien), has had the car and hasnt even been able to drive it because once the battery got low after charging it would die in the middle of the street. So I put a new alternator in it. Then while trying to make its maiden voyage it died and overheated on Bert. The fan that was in the car showed up shaking and making loud noises. It froze up and blew the 50amp fuse and left Bert stranded on the side of the road. I just got back from helping him put a new cooling fan in the car and burp it and refill it with fluid properly.

He tried contacting the seller, but of course the liar wont get back to him. He owes Bert money plain and simple.

I took pictures of what I could. Just wanted to warn everyone else, dont buy a blade of grass from fak3r.

IMG_20140501_183156_zpswc5ycp2i.gif

IMG_20140501_183203_zpsdj0aib1g.gif

IMG_20140501_185121_zps3igeqxmz.gif

IMG_20140501_185124_zps0zghpzy7.gif

IMG_20140501_190230_zpst7ibxy4h.gif

IMG_20140501_190238_zpsxwc9ou6k.gif

IMG_20140501_190246_zpst8ajch44.gif

IMG_20140501_191605_zpswzpihxxf.gif

IMG_20140501_191609_zpsrqlqi1zs.gif

IMG_20140501_191732_zps58dtkfbc.gif

IMG_20140501_193741_zpsqno1bi6m.gifIMG_20140501_191833_zpslrzayygd.gif

Ibleedblue13

Established Member
That sucks for your buddy but how did he not realize any of these things before buying the car?

65fastback2+2

Established Member
That sucks for your buddy but how did he not realize any of these things before buying the car?

he purchased it long distance and was under the impression it was "like a 10k mile car" as described. Didnt expect to be taken blindfolded like this.

Ive been trying to help him when I can at least get it on the road.

Ibleedblue13

Established Member
he purchased it long distance and was under the impression it was "like a 10k mile car" as described. Didnt expect to be taken blindfolded like this.

Ive been trying to help him when I can at least get it on the road.

That's a tough break and hopefully the seller will refund some of his money but that's unfortunately the risk you take buying a car sight unseen. It's too bad he didn't have someone from SVTP in the sellers area check it out for him

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Really, the buyer needs to be in here. Buying that expensive a car sight unseen is a real gamble.

TRBO VNM

Damn man, I feel horrible. I spoke to the buyer and assured him of at least the work I did to the car, but told him I hadn't seen it since I worked on it. When I did work on it over a year ago it didn't have the paint issues or some of the other issues. I hate to see this. All of my dealings with him have always been good and I have worked on some of his other vehicles.

Looks like the hood may be causing the issue with the bumper. Not that it would help now, but maybe raising the stops up some will relieve that from further damage?

And that washer on the idler in the pic I assume is what you are talking about, that is what comes with the BF bracket.

And not sure what bolts you are talking about being put on with impact, but 95% of the work I did on the car I used torq wrenches to factory spec and the rest were done with ratchets by hand. I definitely didn't do everything on that car. Part of it was built by the previous owner(before house of power).

Definitely things there now that weren't there over a year ago when I worked on it last.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
as for the bumper cover, if the hood edges line up with the fenders (if theyre level) the bumper cover needs to be pushed in where the push tabs are and new holes drilled...same thing that happens to M1 owners that put a terminator cover on

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
Saw the name and knew he was a maca member.... never was real close with him although he lived near by. Last time I had contact with him was at least 4 years ago. Sorry to see :nonono:

truefiveo

Established Member
Lessoned learned....NEVER buy someone's highly modded far from stock project UNSEEN AND WITHOUT A TEST DRIVE because its usually someone elses headache.

Sometimes as buyers we get really over infatuated and anxious not thinking logically for things we want so bad and all the potential cons go out of the window.

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

as for the bumper cover, if the hood edges line up with the fenders (if theyre level) the bumper cover needs to be pushed in where the push tabs are and new holes drilled...same thing that happens to M1 owners that put a terminator cover on

Yeah, that to. I am just in shock.

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
It's hard for me to feel sorry for the buyer, it really shows how important it is to travel (cross-country if necessary) to look over the vehicle with a fine tooth comb and of course test drive it. I don't think I could put my self up to buying a vehicle without seeing it in person beforehand.

That being said, the seller is an assclown if he didn't mention or provide pictures of these atrocities.

Last edited:

kook911

Established Member
Hate to say it but if the buyer spent 27k on the car what is another couple hundred to fly out to check out the car? Drop in the bucket if you ask me and if I was spending that kind of money on a car I would have to inspect before hand. There are to many people out there that will do what ever they can to pass on the car and/or problem. You can not take people words any more as you seen buyers getting screwed all the time. Though minor problems, a car inspection would have solved all of this. Best of luck to solveing the problems.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
In on one!

Not to be an ass, but I hope he didn't buy that car based on only the pics in that ad. Those are small and overly edited. I sold a set of fox saleen wheels recently. $200 and buyer pays shipping. A potential buys asked more about their condition other than the fact I said they had curb marks and were far from perfect. Instead of a crappy cell phone picture, I set the wheels in my driveway(on a towel), and in full HD, spent about a minute video recording each wheel, showing each imperfection and using a fox car key as a reference for size.

That's for a $200 set of wheels. For a 27K dollar car, I would expect no less and to be honest, a lot more than a 4 minute video.

Sorry your buddy got hosed!

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Lessoned learned....NEVER buy someone's highly modded far from stock project UNSEEN AND WITHOUT A TEST DRIVE because its usually someone elses headache.

Sometimes as buyers we get really over infatuated and anxious not thinking logically for things we want so bad and all the potential cons go out of the window.
THIS

It's hard for me to feel sorry for the buyer, it really shows how important it is to travel (cross-country if necessary) to look over the vehicle with a fine tooth comb and of course test drive it. I don't think I could put my self up to buying a vehicle without seeing it in person beforehand.

That being said, the seller is an assclown if he didn't mention or provide pictures of these atrocities.
and THIS

buyer has no one to blame but himself for not having someone local go look at it before purchase. that being said. it would seem to me that he is due some kind of refund for all the crap that is worng with it

Woody6799

Established Member
I think its fair to say that we have all been there fellas. If you read the thread the buyer was PUMPED to get in that car, he offered full price first post. I think we can all admit that we have made poor choices a time or two when it comes to something we want. OP never says the buyer is not to blame at all, but he does say that the car was misrepresented, which according to the pictures is very true, resulting in the price should have been lower. Such is the free market tho... if the seller says go pound salt then oh well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread