aviator is wrecked!

Almighty-One

^_^
Established Member
dear god how did anyone survive!

but seriously no way it is a total loss and glad to hear no one was hurt

04sonicbeast

Established Member
Well my wife was going about 35 and a guy pulled out in front to turn left, there are peel out marks where he sped to try to make it. no airbags deployed which is wierd and the insurance agent told my wife that because it's a 03 it will probably be a total loss, I hope they fixed it because it has never giving us problems but if they do I hope I get above book value

04sonicbeast

Established Member
Yeah I know, I don't think it should be a total loss as long as I don't get a salvage title on it or something, I guess it will be up to the insurance conpany

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I don't know about the Aviators, but I have an '06 Expedition XLT that my wife and I were looking to trade in on an Edge. I was astounded at the low offers I got on the Expedition, to the point where we ended up keeping it when we bought her new car. I would not be surprised at all if the insurance company totaled it.

CobraCarrera

Established Member
That's not very much damage at all...

That doesn't look totaled at all.... New bumper and a new headlight and possibly some structural support. My co workers Navigator was hit in a similar fashion and it was just repaired for less than $1600 I believe....

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
That doesn't look totaled at all.... New bumper and a new headlight and possibly some structural support. My co workers Navigator was hit in a similar fashion and it was just repaired for less than $1600 I believe....

Its gonna be a lot more than $1600. A semi kicked up something on the interstate last week...put a half dollar sized dent in the hood of my 2009 Silverado. Total bill was $550.

The parts list with no labor/paint will prob be $1600...
- wheel
- new tire
- front bumper
- looks like fog light
- Front bumper fascia (grey piece at bottom prob got some nicks)
- any brackets behind the bumper

Last edited:

Clemson

Established Member
Youre probably right on the not totaled, but its not as far fetched as it may sound. KBB only gives around 7K for this vehicle. It wouldn't be too hard to exceed 50% or more of the value. Airbag deployment almost certainly would have totaled it.

04sonicbeast

Established Member
So they are fixing it almost 4k in the estimate. Now the problem is should we get a lawyer for my wife since now she has a shoulder popping and numbness with pain. She already went to get checked and ex rayed which our insurance suggested she get checked.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Keep track of ALL your medical bills and definitely get a lawyer. The other person's insurance will try to get you to settle for a cheap amount. DON'T DO IT!

Beezy

Established Member
Hope everything ends up well! I was unaware there where BG people on this site

Another one here. From BG, but go to school in Cincinnati now. You were on TT right? I don't go on there anymore but I remember the name.

Spyderbell

No Time for Gas
Established Member
Another one here. From BG, but go to school in Cincinnati now. You were on TT right? I don't go on there anymore but I remember the name.

Yes sir sure was/am. I also never get on there anymore. Of course I don't think anyone does anymore lol

Users who are viewing this thread