Aviator Eaton Swap options

crysalis_01

Iron fist, lead foot
Established Member
I've been contemplating doing an Eaton swap on my '04 Lincoln Aviator. I'm not looking for anything crazy power-wise, just enough for it to get out of it's own way.
Tr4x9F.jpg

Obviously I'll need to change other things first, swap out the clutch fan for an electric, install a hydroboost setup, upgrade the brakes, etc. However, thats fine because assembling a complete Eaton swap seems to take time anyway.

Here's my question I came across this interesting item on eBay and was wondering how legit it is. It says he's sold over 20 of them, so they should be out in the wild. Ive just never seen this before.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/323217587700
ZoO2k4.jpg

c0ank5.jpg

Obviously id still need a lot, but removing a timing cover, pulley bridge, and a couple other items from the grocery list seems like a good call.

Anyone here seen one of these running?

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
It’s called a trilogy conversion. Popular in the marauder world. I’ve done some research not a lot. But they seem to work well.

MackDombles

Established Member
Those brackets are made to bolt onto the front a mach 1 or marauder but i think they will work on an Aviator as well. His price however is insane. There are a few eaton swap lists for the marauder as well as the mach. Your rig shouldnt be too different. Pm me if you end up needing those brackets. I can help you out much cheaper than the ebay ones. Ive done the swap using them and they work perfect.

omj

Established Member
Those brackets are made to bolt onto the front a mach 1 or marauder but i think they will work on an Aviator as well. His price however is insane. There are a few eaton swap lists for the marauder as well as the mach. Your rig shouldnt be too different. Pm me if you end up needing those brackets. I can help you out much cheaper than the ebay ones. Ive done the swap using them and they work perfect.

How much for a set of those brackets?

musclemerc

Established Member
Terry is the creator of the eaton swap brackets. I've had a set, they're the real deal.

Jerry is the new best thing for brackets. I currently run his HD brackets and a TVS from a GT500

And yep!! budget for a trans.

Join MM.net its a lot of info over there on doing the swap.

MackDombles

Established Member
Terry is the creator of the eaton swap brackets. I've had a set, they're the real deal.

Jerry is the new best thing for brackets. I currently run his HD brackets and a TVS from a GT500

And yep!! budget for a trans.

Join MM.net its a lot of info over there on doing the swap.
We're you able to get James to make you an adapter plate for the blower?

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

crysalis_01

Iron fist, lead foot
Established Member
Thanks everyone, I'll be sending a PM soon and joining that Marauder site.

Also yeah I'm aware that the 5r55 is a very lack luster unit. I've been looking into Level10's upgrades for this unit.

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
Great to see these still being made. No alternator on the blower drive is the best possible thing for longevity.

Have Terry’s HD brackets for over 4yrs now from a Pullied ported Eaton to a tvs @22lbs with the same notched ford tensioner with zero belt slip.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Do you really need to upgrade the brakes? I would imagine a good pad and custom stainless lines should be enough, aviators already came with 13" rotors up front and 48mm twin piston calipers vs the 3rd and 4th gen explorer which had a 12" rotor and twin 46mm pistons.

I have Terry's eaton swap brackets on my car, they work fine and have been on since 2013 but I did have to shim a few things to get everything into alignment. My blower tensioner is still a little off, rides right on the edge of the belt which I don't like.

Users who are viewing this thread