Avalanche Grey 2004 Gt Question

Rolltide2012

Oil and Gas
Established Member
aef44aa721580b4f55a0dae2db4986b6.jpg
d917c4ba2a82cded7087f0450d14bb46.jpg

Ok guys, just painted my black 04 stang and will be painting my 03 cobra wheels black, black rear spoiler and black badges. Should I paint my hood scoop black as well? Or avalanche grey? Thanks, will post more pics later

Sent from my SM-G900T using the svtperformance.com mobile app

StrayBullitt

Established Member
I feel like it will look good either way, and I like blacked out accents. But for some reason I feel like it will look better color matched in your case. Nice color btw.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I say keep it AG but that's just me.

Rolltide2012

Oil and Gas
Established Member
Doesnt look to bad here is a pic
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170807/27a767184a884d52a7f49a11ce00431c.jpg[/IMG

Still has to be painted, what do you guys think?

Sent from my SM-G900T using the [URL=http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=92568]svtperformance.com mobile app[/URL]

Massie02GT

Established Member
I've always felt that pieces like that left black make it look like you picked it up and just slapped it on before painting it. Always makes it look unfinished, in my opinion.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think it will look fine. Bottom line, choose the paint color for the accents that you like. You're the one who will be driving it and looking at it every day. Another option, since you're going for a satin finish, is to wrap the pieces. Then you can change the color fairly easily down the road. You could even change to a semi-gloss wrap. Just a thought.

StrayBullitt

Established Member
The black accents will be satin finish. Not too glossy not too dull. Somewhere in the middle. The rear spoiler, emblems and maybe the hood scoop. Not sure yet. Wheels will be glossy black

Sent from my SM-G900T using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I like it, you are doing a very similar theme as I'm doing on my ultra white car. This car had the factory satin hood decals, so I took it a bit of a step further and did the roof in Satin Black. Did the grille/running horse too, hard to see in the pic.

IMG_0346.JPG

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I'd paint it the same color. Painting the hood scoop black would just look unfinished, as mentioned above. Adding a tasteful decal, or making a larger area black would be better.

Shaker hood scoop is a bit different.

Users who are viewing this thread