Autopower roll bar installed - PICS

LoudToy948

Ford Family
Established Member
Thanks to a lot of help from DSG2NV03, we got this puppy installed on a Sunday afternoon in about 4 hours. Ran into a few snags, but worked through them, and there she sits. This is the bolt in race bar with removable harness and cross bars. I picked this thing up in San Diego and brought her back in a empty missile tube on the sub I am stationed on. Makes it cooler.

38268980014_large.jpg

38268980015_large.jpg

38268980016_large.jpg

forcefedcobra

Established Member
Looks pretty good. fitment looks alot better than my MM bar was.

Why no door bars? It wont do you much good at tech when you take it to the strip.

whyte_03

I got your HEMI hanging!!
Established Member
I want to put a 4 point in my car but with the halo/crossbar and down bars.. not really wanting the rear bars because i am not wanting to cut into anything. LOOKS GOOD THO

LoudToy948

Ford Family
Established Member
Nice! Where did you get from? and how much?

We got it direct from Autopower. I have a lot of friends in the San Diego Mustang Club and SVTOA San Diego. One of the guys did all the foot work, and got us the bars for around $500 each IIRC. He bought quite a few, and I know autopower is usually open to a discount for group buys. Only about $80 off, but I knew my sub was pulling in there, so I got permission to ship it back on the boat. That saved me $150 or so in shipping charges alone.

Looks pretty good. fitment looks alot better than my MM bar was.

It did fit pretty good, had to do some trimming on the C-pillars which I was against, but it is very hard to see it unless you are looking up and eyeballing it. Since I plan on keeping the car pretty much forever (love the terminators), I didn't really have a problem with it. Otherwise, it fit quite well.

Why no door bars? It wont do you much good at tech when you take it to the strip.

I don't drag my car so I was not too concerned about the door bars. I am more of an autocross type, but really, the only real reason I wanted a roll bar in the car was because it looks really cool (kinda silly I guess). I had one in my 1994 Cobra, and it did make a noticeable difference in the chassis. I did have the bottom plates tied into my SFCs though. I will probably do the same to this one at some point too. 1665 miles on the car. Half of those are probably going back and forth to the parts shop.

Thanks for the comments, I was pretty torn on doing this to my car again, but now that its done, I am very happy with it. MM Coil Overs, Bilstein Sport Shocks and Struts, and Caster Camber plates are going on now.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
We got it direct from Autopower. I have a lot of friends in the San Diego Mustang Club and SVTOA San Diego. One of the guys did all the foot work, and got us the bars for around $500 each IIRC. He bought quite a few, and I know autopower is usually open to a discount for group buys. Only about $80 off, but I knew my sub was pulling in there, so I got permission to ship it back on the boat. That saved me $150 or so in shipping charges alone.

I don't drag my car so I was not too concerned about the door bars. I am more of an autocross type, but really, the only real reason I wanted a roll bar in the car was because it looks really cool (kinda silly I guess). I had one in my 1994 Cobra, and it did make a noticeable difference in the chassis. I did have the bottom plates tied into my SFCs though. I will probably do the same to this one at some point too. 1665 miles on the car. Half of those are probably going back and forth to the parts shop.

Thanks for the comments, I was pretty torn on doing this to my car again, but now that its done, I am very happy with it. MM Coil Overs, Bilstein Sport Shocks and Struts, and Caster Camber plates are going on now.

Right on. I still need to modify my 6 point to tie it all in to the flsfc's. I'll do the main hoop and door bar moutning locations. It will not only be safer but like you said stiffen things up a bit. I went with the door bars for the once a year chance I take it to the strip but for the most part I just roll around without them and dont use them when on the road track or auto/x.

There's nothing wrong with modding your car becase you like the look of a bar. If it looks good and performs well it is a win/win in my book.

LoudToy948

Ford Family
Established Member
There's nothing wrong with modding your car becase you like the look of a bar. If it looks good and performs well it is a win/win in my book.

Don't think I could have said that better myself. I really think I just like working on these cars to be honest. My wife thinks when I am done I will sell it. Don't tell her, but I don't think you can ever be done...............

Looks good, do you plan to add the rear seat delete?

I was going too, but I am planning on Bruce's bushing kit in the near future. I rode in a car with a delete and similar mods, it was just a little bit noisier than I really want to deal with, so I will probably leave it alone. I really like the mystichrome centers too.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
Don't think I could have said that better myself. I really think I just like working on these cars to be honest. My wife thinks when I am done I will sell it. Don't tell her, but I don't think you can ever be done...............

I was going too, but I am planning on Bruce's bushing kit in the near future. I rode in a car with a delete and similar mods, it was just a little bit noisier than I really want to deal with, so I will probably leave it alone. I really like the mystichrome centers too.

No doubt! I enjoy tinkering on my car too. I'm sure my wife feels the same way but little does she know I plan on keeping the cobra and getting another project when the cobra is "done".

You'll LOVE Bruce's bushing kit. One of the best mods I have ever done.

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
Yea I am excited to get Bruce's kit in also.. That will be another dual install for us. Imma try suspension out for a change... We got lots of work to do TOY!!!!!!

forcefedcobra

Established Member
Yea I am excited to get Bruce's kit in also.. That will be another dual install for us. Imma try suspension out for a change... We got lots of work to do TOY!!!!!!

Just make sure you rent bruce's install/removal tools. They will come in extremely handy! Best thing is.......if you guys are going to do a dual install you can share the tools.

It's about an 8 hour job so plan a couple days to complete them both. Should make for a fun weekend!

LoudToy948

Ford Family
Established Member

Coil overs with sport shocks/struts for you and me, caster camber for you me and Mike, H&R Race springs and struts/shocks for Mike. Autopower rollbar for you too. Looks like my next few weekends are busy. Think about all the money in labor you get to save. Even on your motor build. I would say your lucky, but I was there for the motor tragedy.

Just make sure you rent bruce's install/removal tools. They will come in extremely handy! Best thing is.......if you guys are going to do a dual install you can share the tools.

It's about an 8 hour job so plan a couple days to complete them both. Should make for a fun weekend!

Good to hear feedback about this kit. Seems like everyone loves it. I am 100% in. We will deffinetly get the tools. I am looking forward to this install. Been looking for a reason to drop my IRS for a while now. Something else for the powder coater to have fun with.

Users who are viewing this thread