Autometer wideband afr gauge problem.

konabluekiller

Established Member
Long story short.... My air fuel gauge worked fine for a few months, then all of the sudden it started reading in the 14 range all the time. The afr of the car in question is spot on telling me the gauge has failed or the sensor. If the sensor fails is that what happens? It always stays in the 14.3 to 14.7 range. I don't know crap about these sensors and everything is hooked up just like before when it worked perfectly. Any help would be appreciated.

ajpturbo

Established Member
Need more information.....When you floor the gas pedal does it still read 14.3-14.7?

When you drive normally it should be in the 14's....Just makes me wonder how closely you are paying attention since you said you don't know crap about the sensors.

THey don't have some default reading to display when they are malfunctioning.

How do you know the afr is spot on if your wideband is displaying incorrectly?

Last edited:

konabluekiller

Established Member
Need more information.....When you floor the gas pedal does it still read 14.3-14.7?

When you drive normally it should be in the 14's....Just makes me wonder how closely you are paying attention since you said you don't know crap about the sensors.

THey don't have some default reading to display when they are malfunctioning.

How do you know the afr is spot on if your wideband is displaying incorrectly?

I know it's displaying incorrectly because when I datalog it's showing right at .78 lambda measured, the spark plugs look how they are supposed to and the factory built in gauge reads correctly. Cruising is 13.9-14.3 range and wot is in the 11.0 range on the factory crap and that's exactly what the autometer read for a while. Then one day it decided that it only wants to read in the 14s all the time.... didnt touch anything on the car. Just drove it and it stopped working.

Users who are viewing this thread